Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, my salesguy got back to me after talking to the zone manager for the indiana/ohio area. The delay is over the total bullitt production and is not zone-specific. NO ONE will say what the part is for some reason. It delayed Bullitts for this past week. It MAY delay production for next week also, but that is up in the air. Also, my car is 8th in line for production. :)

Korey

·
Registered
37 Posts
Korey,did you finally get your VIN#?

Mine is supposedly going to be built the week of Jan.14th. I hope there are no delays.

Larry

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess it won't be in the system until Monday. My car was just put in the system as "scheduled-si" a few days ago. It takes 2-3 days for the system to be updated with my VIN. My car is a priority 01, so it's getting rushed through the system. apparently, when the factory starts up again on Monday, it will be built probably next week. As soon as I get my VIN, I'll be getting the insurance around and be ready for delivery!

Korey

·
Registered
37 Posts
wally05 said:
I guess it won't be in the system until Monday. My car was just put in the system as "scheduled-si" a few days ago. It takes 2-3 days for the system to be updated with my VIN. My car is a priority 01, so it's getting rushed through the system. apparently, when the factory starts up again on Monday, it will be built probably next week. As soon as I get my VIN, I'll be getting the insurance around and be ready for delivery!

Korey
Thats good news.I know you have been waiting and glad they finally did you right.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Everyone... hang on. :) It won't be long for a lot of guys/girls here will get the car. I've heard conflicting info. on the delay. But, I'm going with my salesguy's info., b/c he has been grilling our zone rep for info. I think if the delay was much more than a week, Ford would be in trouble.

·
Registered
280 Posts
My connection inside Ford says 08 Bullitt production will be greatly reduced for Jan and Feb, with production ramping back up by March.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,024 Posts
Five Oh B said:
My connection inside Ford says 08 Bullitt production will be greatly reduced for Jan and Feb, with production ramping back up by March.
And Five Oh B (Brian) knows his stuff! Hi Brian!

Brian kept us all up to date on our 01 Bullitts when we were waiting for deliveries. Do you have any over there at your dealership yet Brian?

·
Registered
280 Posts
TwoStangWmn said:
And Five Oh B (Brian) knows his stuff! Hi Brian!

Brian kept us all up to date on our 01 Bullitts when we were waiting for deliveries. Do you have any over there at your dealership yet Brian?
Hi, Vicki! Our first 08 Bullitt has come and gone (#279). Same guy bought one of our 2001 Bullitts brand new. I ordered an 08 Bullitt for myself, but I'm not 100% for sure about whether to buy it or not. I've bought three new Mustangs in the last 7 years, so I'm not sure my wife will be happy with another one so soon. I've got some good mods into my 07 GT already, and I'm still regretting the sale of my 03 Mach 1 (which went to a really good friend that I see often).

·
Registered
280 Posts
droopysbullitt said:
What's the issue??? And Ford really screwed up if they filled Dealer orders at the expense of customer orders...
Not Ford's fault! The 08 Mustang Order Guide specifically states that Bullitts can only be ordered for retail orders (not for dealer stock). However, that wouldn't stop a dealer from inputting a ficticious name into the order banks.

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
So that is how they are getting them early... I thought something was up.. I guess this would make Ford think the Bullitts are flying out the door with all the orders they are getting which is technically not the case.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Don't kid yourself I'm sure Ford is well aware. It is in a way their fault, they could come up with a verification system in this age I'm sure.
They've also been applying dealer allocation in processing these orders, and there should be a separation. A retail order is a sold car after all.

My personal order was placed in October, but not processed for serialisation until later in December. There is no excuse for that.
The real customer is the person who puts down dollars and parks the car in their garage, not the dealer who parks it on their lot.
Part of the problem is the Regions handling of orders.
The system needs to be re-vamped.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the update, Brian! It's not to not have to jump back and forth between forums to get that info! :) Stupid dealers...

·
Registered
280 Posts
wally05 said:
How many do you think have been made, Brian?
I would keep an eye on the thread here about the "highest" Bullitt number to guage that. However, considering that Ford has been buiding about 15-20% of Mustangs as Bullitts since Job 2 started, then I'd guess about 1200 to 1500 may have been built already (just a guess, though).

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just read the entire order guide. Nowhere does it state Bullitts are for retail customer order only. and I can assure you we have ordered several for stock without any ficticious names attached.

Please explain where your information came from as I would like to think that my information is correct and there are not several different order guides out there

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Actually, it does say that on page 1 of the ordering guide for job 2... "only for retail orders" not dealer stock.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts