Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still have yet to figure out how to set up a web page or blog or whatever for this project, so if anyone wants to help I'd appreciate it.

I'm offshore right now so I'll add pics when I get home.

Before starting I actually hooked up my other stang to jump it off, and as soon as I hooked it up all the relays and things started clicking and the cluster lit up and did it's little peg-out reset thing, but no start, no turn over, no solenoid activation at all. I was kinda dissappointed, but I was also hoping for a lot more than what was practical.

I have the entire interior out, just need to remove the AC plenum/heater core and wiring harness on the floor. So far, no rust on anything important, dirty liek you can't believe under the carpet which was thrown away immediately. I was able to salvage the actual dash pad, but the metal crossbrace and wiring were not salvagable.

The seats are merely stained, no signs of any mildew or anything, but the tracks are completely shot. You have no clue how hard it is to unbolt seats when they won't go forward or back, lost a good bit of blood on that.

The e-brake handle assembly is completely rusted, but amazingly no rust transfered to the body, not even at the rivets!!!

The rectangular bracket that hold the upper part of the back seats in was rusted pretty bad, along with all the bolt and nuts for the Mach 460 rear deck, After unbolting all of that the remaining rust on the chassis wiped off!!!!

After removing the headliner, it appears as though it had already been replaced along with the dome light. There was no residue whatsoever, but there was also no bulbs in the dome light. The visors had minor but obvious swelling when you'd touch them, so they were tossed.

The window regulators are very slightly rusted, but I have yet to look at my other stang to see if they are any better. Literally very minor surface rust, but littlw water lines are highly visible.

Believe me people when I say that taking out electronics is a PITA in a fllod car, they're all corroded together. I am trying to be as non-destructive as possible to ensure an easier time reassembling. The metal reinforcements in the door panels were rusted and there seemed to be a funny color left in the foam inserts.

The rear dash panel and all trim plastics were in incredible shape, minus the backside of the door panels. The only issue with the rear dash was some green on the Mach grilles which should clean up well, but new ones are so cheap i don't plan on wasting time cleaning them. There was no swelling or any signs of damage at all to the actual panel.

That's about it for now, I'll update further when I get back on land this weekend.

I've also been having dark thoughts of selling her off to help pay for the 08, so who knows?!?!?!?

Thanks for reading
Ryan

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Wow! You took on a big project. Glad to see it's coming along though. Hate to see a bullitt go down due to nature little tantrums. Keep us updated. If you want to keep a photo log then start a cardomain page and keep updating it and linking the pix here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts