Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i mentioned that my transmission went out. well the shop called back and said that syncros and bearings and all that kinda stuff was out. and it was because a shift fork broke and dropped down in the tranny tearin everything up. cost over 2 grand to fix, but the car had some kind of aftermarket warrenty on it and they are covering most of it. according to the shop i get a 1 year warrenty on all the parts and work they did and the reason its so costly because its all dealer only parts because ford has patents on this transmission and all the peices in it.. i have been told this lastime lookin into it though.

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
Something does not sound right. The parts for this transmission are not dealer only. Bullitt 3230 is having his rebuilt for around $1500 with beefed up internals. You can get the parts from numerous sources. But since the cost is being covered no worries...

·
Registered
330 Posts
I think what he is trying to say is there are no chinese knock-off repalcement parts being made for this tranny, yet. You can only find factory-type sychros for the t3650 from Ford. This is true. The synchros from ProMotion are carbon (not factory) and probably a lot stronger. I'm still waiting for Double J to get his ProMotion 3650 installed and beat on before I order my upgrade parts!

·
Premium Member
12,773 Posts
Pro-Motion in Florida.
Carbon synchros, they can cyro treat the gears, 26 spline input vs stock 10 (anything over 400hp on 10 spline is risking twisting the 10)...in other words...."Bullitt" proof the tranny! LOL They can also change out 5th, but, only 4% taller....not much change difference for $400.....so...3230 will remain with stock ratios.
FYI for those in the South, Pro-Motion is in the process of moving to Atlanta, specifically Dacula.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Well here is a update on my situation. The beefed up tranny and or the 26 spline input shaft is on backorder. Pro-motion says about a month. So i'm going back with the stock spline since it was good for 5 years and about 50 some 1/4 mile passes. JMS said the tranny itself was in great shape except for the broken input shaft.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts