Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. My dealer has totally redeemed themselves. After the announcement of the x-plan stuff, my salesperson told me that I have been great and they didn't want me to get shafted, so we came to a very good resolution to the x-plan problem. Also, he is getting conflicting info. from the regional manager that Bullitt production has not started back up when online it says they have, so he's looking into it. Apparently, my car IS scheduled, it just doesn't have a VIN put in the system yet, and the regional person said it was b/c of the plant problem. So, he's a little peeved. I don't think he has so many problems trying to a get a car through the system. He's had much better luck with gt-500s, lol. So, it is the regional person's fault.

So, what is up with Bullitt production?

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
Hang in there..you will enjoy it more when it comes in.You can drive it to the west coast.I will buy ya a beer..

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
I don't know Korey. My car was to be built week of 7 Jan and so it looks like it wasn't. so maybe the plant really isn't back up to full Bullitt production.
Could be the dealers who pushed for removing the Bullitt from plan sales also don't want the market flooded with Bullitts yet, so production is not quite up. Bullitt still isn't getting a lot of action on eBay, certainly not over MSRP, as an example and they don't like that.

I just wish Ford wouldn't let the tail wag the dog like that.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I know of three Bullitts built this week including mine on Thursday. Hope it happens for you soon.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, guys. This is aggravating to say the least. But, I think it is really in the region's hands more than anything. It sucks. Oh well, they'll come sometime. :)

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Well mine was finally built after all!

VIN: 1ZVHT82H585167378

Receipt Date: 10/30/2007
Serialize Date: 12/13/2007
Segment Date: 12/13/2007
Sequence Date: 12/17/2007
Blend Date: 12/19/2007
Produced Date: 1/9/2008
Gate Release Date: 1/9/2008
Ship Date:
Arrival Date:
Sold Date:

I'll be happy to get it, but after all is said and done, my early order got me a long wait (apparently the first order in the NW Region even though not the first filled), higher number, and the car removed from Plan sale eligibility.
I could have just bought #0003 from a New York dealer.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
I don't think the dealers have much to do with the production end.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
rblack4405 said:
I don't think the dealers have much to do with the production end.
they don't but some dealers have influence with Ford's policies which effects allocation/scheduling, and as effect, production.

·
Registered
280 Posts
RCSignals said:
Could be the dealers who pushed for removing the Bullitt from plan sales also don't want the market flooded with Bullitts yet, so production is not quite up. Bullitt still isn't getting a lot of action on eBay, certainly not over MSRP, as an example and they don't like that.

I just wish Ford wouldn't let the tail wag the dog like that.
Um, you keep spouting that big dealers forced Ford into pulling the plan sales. You don't really believe that dealers tell Ford what to do with incentives and pricing, do you??? Us dealers are typically begging Ford to offer better incentives to help us sell their products more easily. Taking incentives away from customers hurts our ability as dealers to sell Ford's products, so why on Earth do you believe dealers are behind Ford's decision to exclude Bullitts from plan sales???

Every specialty model that Ford has put out in my 8 year tenure at a Ford dealership has been excluded from plan pricing initially. Yeah sure, they didn't "exclude" Bullitts from plan sales initially, but that's more a function of not thinking it was time to do so yet as they weren't being sold just yet. If Ford sees strong demand for a model, they reduce incentives. When Ford sees weakening demand for a model, they improve incentives. This is just plain good business, and it is not specific to Mustangs - much less Bullitts!

Ford changes incentives (up and down) on all of their models quite often as they are trying to chase a moving target. I check for incentive announcements from Ford every single day to stay on top of them as they change so often.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Oh yes I do believe it! I have it from a very good source that this happens from the larger more influential dealers.
It was those same dealers that coerced Ford to change the MSRP announced pricing for the Marauder, adding 4-5K. That was as we know a huge mistake for that car.
The same large dealers who have been asking for the large ADMs on the Bullitt, (but not getting them,) pushed for the car to be removed from plan pricing.
I don't really care if you want to believe it or not, but I suspect you aren't so naive as to not know I'm correct.

·
Registered
280 Posts
RCSignals said:
Oh yes I do believe it! I have it from a very good source that this happens from the larger more influential dealers.
It was those same dealers that coerced Ford to change the MSRP announced pricing for the Marauder, adding 4-5K. That was as we know a huge mistake for that car.
The same large dealers who have been asking for the large ADMs on the Bullitt, (but not getting them,) pushed for the car to be removed from plan pricing.
I don't really care if you want to believe it or not, but I suspect you aren't so naive as to not know I'm correct.
Sorry, RC, I do NOT believe you are correct for a minute. And I believe you and I will continue to disagree on this subject, so I am not going to explain why you are incorrect. I've worked at a very large volume Ford dealership for 8 years, and I order a ton of new Fords. I have connections within Ford, so instead of relying on a "very good source" as you do, I am my own source living it first hand in the business. 'Nuf said.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
That's fine, we can agree to disagree.

Just know that you aren't the only one with very good information source connections within Ford.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'll have to agree with Five Oh. I was told the very same thing, that the dealers would like to have more insentives available to move more product. Even when x-plan is available, the dealer does not have to honor it if they feel they can sell it without the discount. Why wouldn't the dealers want the plan available. I'm sure dealers would like to get reimbursed from using x-plan rather than simply sell at a couple hundred above invoice, when most GT's sell for somewhere in between MSRP and invoice anyway. Five Oh has been a wealth of information for me on Stangsunleashed and this site as his information has always turned out to be accurate, and he always takes the time to post Ford bulletins when he gets them. I get information from him via these sites from across the country much faster than from my dealer two miles away. Nothing wrong with disagreeing, but he is a very trusted source.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Niswonger said:
I'll have to agree with Five Oh. I was told the very same thing, that the dealers would like to have more insentives available to move more product. Even when x-plan is available, the dealer does not have to honor it if they feel they can sell it without the discount. Why wouldn't the dealers want the plan available. I'm sure dealers would like to get reimbursed from using x-plan rather than simply sell at a couple hundred above invoice, when most GT's sell for somewhere in between MSRP and invoice anyway. Five Oh has been a wealth of information for me on Stangsunleashed and this site as his information has always turned out to be accurate, and he always takes the time to post Ford bulletins when he gets them. I get information from him via these sites from across the country much faster than from my dealer two miles away. Nothing wrong with disagreeing, but he is a very trusted source.
I wasn't talking about the incentives. I was referring to the plan sales.
As you yourself point out why even remove the car? The same mind that thinks a 25K and higher mark up is reasonable thinks removing the car from plan eligibility takes away a hindrance to the illusion of exclusivity. The car is just a GT Premium coupe with a package.

I mentioned the Marauder. A planned sales of 18,000 per year turned into a total of under 12,000 over the 2 1/2 year run. Setting the MSRP too high at the insistance of certain dealers, and unreasonable mark up killed that.
As a result, many of those who waited were buying 2003 Marauders in 2004 often for 12K plus under MSRP.

Also I'm not disrespecting Brian in any way. He has been very helpful and has offered some very good information.

Don't kid yourself though, the largest dealers have great influence in these things with Ford.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts