Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gettin' the Kc Bullitt lookin about how I want it to look. New Spinners went on this weekend and Tint is finished. Clayed the body, polished with orbiter and final show wax and all good to go.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dealer Front Plate on #5111

Got to have something on the front here in MO, so until car is titled and plated its got to stay---Would much rather not have anything on the front if it were up to me..:dhg08:

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
I expected to see Dee's car, but then realized it was in the 08/09 section.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Ric,
In the recent past I might have inquired of you about your wheels & tires before but I in my old age lost track of your possible response.

At any rate, your rear tires look Huge but appear to fit in the wheel wells nicely. Your Spinners are great looking I have the Swept Wing Spinner style. I was contemplating putting all nine inch wheels on my Bullitt but want to have the widest tires that will work hopefully a bit wider than the stock wheels. Are you wheels anthracite? and do you have the deep dish style on front & back?

I notice you don't have Mud Flaps, Are you concerned about wheel spray in that they appear to extend outward of the wheel wells? I know they are ugly but some are more esthetically pleasing than others.

And I notice that you have Dealer Plates on the front. my car was on the Showroom floor with the ugly dealer plate frame already installed. It would have been more acceptable for the Dealership to not have drilled holes in my front end so they could display their name. I would have no doubt purchased the electric Retracting Front Plate and probably it well indeed be a future MOD.

Check out my garage photos, I'm enjoying the CDC Glassback.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dumped the Dealer Plates today- Officially titled and Plated- However here in MO we are required to have both front and rear plates...Oh well

·
Registered
537 Posts
You have the deepest Green shine I have ever seen. Beautiful Photos.

·
Registered
108 Posts
bullitt6019 said:
Dumped the Dealer Plates today- Officially titled and Plated- However here in MO we are required to have both front and rear plates...Oh well

Unless youre out acting stupid, the cops dont have time to worry about your front license plate anymore. Even if you get a ticket, its like a $20 no point violation.
If youre doing something you shouldnt be doing they'll use it as an excuse to stop you. I have 3 vehicles with no front plate and have never had the police look twice at me. But since the dealer already put the holes in your bumper, may as well keep the plate.

I made sure the dealer didnt touch my front bumper. No holes or plate for me in MO

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did not want the front plate holes drilled, but purchased the car from dealer in Iowa and unfortunately they drilled the holes and installed the original goofy looking dealer plate, as it is the law in Iowa as well. Maybe I will try and remove it, at some point, but I am new to the state and am just trying to be the good law abiding citizen....

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the compliment on the exterior appearance...I use products from Griots Garage exclusively-they produce some excellent results...

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Man, the tires and wheels are unbelievable on that car!!!!!!!!!! Love it.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Sorry Guys but Different States have different monetary penalties. In Washington State if you fail to display a license plate it is a infraction that will cost you $215.00 and if you get stopped again for the same infraction you could be assigned a mandatory Court appearance and you can explain to the Judge why you don't want to comply with the law.

Meter maids around here right overtime parking tickets for Twenty Bucks.

Mike, You would be paying the real big buck in this jurisdiction.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
nice pics, thanks for sharing

·
Registered
901 Posts
Tires look like 255-45-18" Hankook's. That is what I am running on 9"x18" wheels. Wheels look great some much better then factory wheels/tires. Time to tint the windows. Shine is fantastic great pic's.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Blindmelon said:
Tires look like 255-45-18" Hankook's. That is what I am running on 9"x18" wheels. Wheels look great some much better then factory wheels/tires. Time to tint the windows. Shine is fantastic great pic's.

Snafu,

Do the wheels stick out that far or do they need spacers for that look?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Tires are in fact 255X 45X18 Sumitomo's and Windows are tinted. Just did not go with the darkest tint.

·
Premium Member
3,011 Posts
The car looks great!!!!

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
one50npump said:
Unless youre out acting stupid, the cops dont have time to worry about your front license plate anymore. Even if you get a ticket, its like a $20 no point violation.
If youre doing something you shouldnt be doing they'll use it as an excuse to stop you. I have 3 vehicles with no front plate and have never had the police look twice at me. But since the dealer already put the holes in your bumper, may as well keep the plate.

I made sure the dealer didnt touch my front bumper. No holes or plate for me in MO

Me also!!! Both my 01 and 08 Bullitts do not have the front plates, not a problem in 2 states I have lived in that required them..... I also aggree that unless your doing some thing that would cause you to get pulled over they won't mess with you.

BUT if you where pulled over for speeding it would be another charge filed against you....

Besides Missouri has single plate law for farm trucks and all the other drivers from states that don't require front plates, so I'm assuming that law enforcement doesn't spend much time checking if there are 2 plates on every vehicle that drives by them.... And so far I think I'm right...

I did replace a front bumper cover on my 00 crown vic and it cost about $750.00 so I would rather pay the fine than damage the cover with screws....

If my Bullitts where my daily drivers I would have both plates on them... I also believe in the Law of averages, meaning more I drive them more chance of getting caught

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Don't feel bad about putting on a front plate, the original 5111 has one!

Everyone told me that no one would stop me for not having a front plate, but they did. Meanwhile the wife has been driving the Lightning for 5 years without one and has even been stopped for speeding twice but no mention of the front plate. It only takes one officer to ticket you. I just got a personalized plate and think it looks fine on front.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts