1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
I second everything in that article.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I dont second the "uncomfortable seats". I love mine.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I don't second the part about the seats either. Go sit in an 01GT and you'll see how bad seats can be.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I can't believe that anyone criticizes these seats. To each his own, but I think that these are TRULY the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in in a car. My only beef is that the shifter is so far forward that I rarely recline fully into the seat. I always find myself leaning forward to get the right shifter-to-body relationship. Any further forward with the seat, and my knee hits the steering wheel when I clutch.

Great article!

Joe

·
Registered
835 Posts
I loved the "sock in the pants/tissue in the bra" jab at the ricers.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Maybe he got ahold of a Bullitt w/ GT seats?
We've seen Bullitts with GT rockers, GT shifters and GT grills.

·
Registered
394 Posts
JayP,

Don't laugh. My Bullitt came with a GT passenger seat!! I thought it was kind of cool. I originally thought that the driver had a more sporting seat. Then my salesman told me it came in with the wrong seat. I drove it around like that for a couple of weeks until the correct seat could be put in. My poor passengers were sliding all over the place :smile:

Eric

·
Registered
360 Posts
Now I finally know what heel and toe downshifting is. Now if I could just learn how to do it....How many Bullittheads out there can?

·
Registered
81 Posts
In reference to the seating position of the Bullitt, I've got my seat pulled all the way back and reclined a good deal and my knees are still on both sides of the steering wheel. I'm 6'2" and I think it's humorous that the '93 Prelude I drove before my Bullitt would actually allow me to move my seat back too far and it was a smaller car. As to the comfort of the Bullitt seats - I love them. They're head and shoulders above the GT's and I think they do a very good job keeping my back and shoulders in place. I do wish they were a bit firmer/stiffer in the lower side bolsters. But, I think the best Ford seats I've ever sat in are those in the '01 Lightnings. I absolutely love those seats. Maybe one day...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts