Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Thank you for starting this thread. It will be interesting to see how the market goes as the 2020s start getting to dealers. By the way, in light of what people experience with the MT-82, I haven't found it to be problematic in normal street driving. Yes, there was a run of them in 2018 that had forks with bending with generally (although not always) aggressive shifting when people were jamming on them hard. There was a material change near the end of the 2018 run which means the 2019s should generally be better. I have seen one instance of where someone had shift for problems in their new one and refused delivery.

Keep us posted what you find, tonykart22, as you see more. I do think 2020 could be your year of acquisition, unless you try for that C8 Corvette first :)
Good to know regarding the trans, thanks Tony. I certainly didn't find yours any trouble when I drove it.

I certainly will. At the moment unless something I cannot refuse comes up, I intend to get one in mid 2021 when my wifes car is paid off (early :D).

I love the C8, but it's what the wife wants, so will get one for her down the road.

Does anyone know how to identify the specs of a Bullitt without the new window sticker?

Electronics package - Comes with Satnav, also door mirrors will have the BLIS light instead of the little blind spot mirror.
Magnaride - ??
Recaro's - Pretty easy to spot.

·
Administrator
6,179 Posts
Good to know regarding the trans, thanks Tony. I certainly didn't find yours any trouble when I drove it.

I certainly will. At the moment unless something I cannot refuse comes up, I intend to get one in mid 2021 when my wifes car is paid off (early :D).

Does anyone know how to identify the specs of a Bullitt without the new window sticker?

Electronics package - Comes with Satnav, also door mirrors will have the BLIS light instead of the little blind spot mirror.
Magnaride - ??
Recarro's - Pretty easy to spot.

Electronics package also has a "B&O" logo and different speaker grille on the middle of the dash, as well as a subwoofer in the trunk on the right hand side.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Stealership by the house still has the one I inquired about when they got it new and wanted 10k over sticker. Told me there was no way you would ever buy a Bullitt for under sticker as it was so special. Told them there was no way I was paying over sticker. Walked out.

Hope they lose a bunch of money and choke on it.

Can get a better, more track focused, Camaro SS 1le for about 10k less anyway.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Electronics package also has a "B&O" logo and different speaker grille on the middle of the dash, as well as a subwoofer in the trunk on the right hand side.
Good to know, thanks. I imagine if I buy used I'll end up with a fully loaded one anyway.

Stealership by the house still has the one I inquired about when they got it new and wanted 10k over sticker. Told me there was no way you would ever buy a Bullitt for under sticker as it was so special. Told them there was no way I was paying over sticker. Walked out.
Yeah my experience so far of Ford stealerships is a bit elitist, though I know not all are like that.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
I bought mine at the end of May. Sticker price was $51,380, paid $46,300 for it. I had been tracking prices on Edmunds for dealers within 200 miles of me for about 10 months. The one I bought had been in the lot for 100 days and was the only one they had without Recaro seats but had all the other options that I wanted. And it was at the dealership closest to me. You can get one for a fair price if you’re willing to expand your search.

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Personally if Ford made the next Mustang under 3400 pounds, same engines, revised gear ratios and made a few chassis improvements to give it a lighter driving feel and slightly improved handling, the car crowd would go crazy over that and there would be some very clear differentiation between the Mustang and it's domestic competition.
A 2019 Ferrari 488 is 3360 lbs, the Mustang will probably never get under 3400 again unless it seriously gets smaller. I’m not sure I really want it to get smaller though, I’m pretty happy with the front passenger space and the trunk space. It’s not a sports car, it’s really more of a grand touring car.

No Pony car with a V8 will ever get that light again because of government safety regulations & today's nvh design standards. Heavy cars are here to stay.
Agreed, and all the added electronics, etc. the days of the Fox body 3000 lb Mustangs are long gone.

·
Registered
133 Posts
A 2019 Ferrari 488 is 3360 lbs, the Mustang will probably never get under 3400 again unless it seriously gets smaller. I’m not sure I really want it to get smaller though, I’m pretty happy with the front passenger space and the trunk space. It’s not a sports car, it’s really more of a grand touring car.
Well dammit the word Mustang is defined as small. :wink2:
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/mustang

Seriously though, the F-150 lost 700 pounds when they went to aluminum body so there's a precedent within Ford for significant weight reduction. That would be a cheap revision R&D-wise.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
Cheapest nationwide is still about $43k. Interestingly between $43-$45k the mileages vary wildly. Some have less than 1000 miles on them, others about 4-5000!

Highest mileage one listed so far has 12,367 miles (For $46,995, get real), followed by just under 10,000 miles for $43,995.

I also found this one that has already been modified. Stripes, start button, gear knob and carbon inserts on the center console.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/779768309/overview/

Is that the standard front licence plate mounting?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
Basically new (814 miles) with options 1&2:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/783276737/overview/

Looks to be fully optioned, 4k miles for $47k

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/782627884/overview/

But then this one is also fully loaded, with 3800 miles for $44k. (K2202)

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/782839009/overview/

Finally, the highest mileage I've seen so far (12,367) for $47 grand....I think not!

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/782978537/overview/

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry its been a while. The options mine has are as follows,
Bullitt Electronics Package
Magna-ride Suspension

The previous owner had all the build sheets, window sticker, and 2 Bullitt brochures. Even the wheel locks were in a bag and never installed. My Mode and garage door opener were never set up either. I paid less than $43,000 for it. To me it was worth every penny because the car still smelled like new. A older gentleman owned it. It had 1,100 miles on it and now has over 2,000 miles on it and Ive had it about three weeks. I ceramic coted the whole car with Opti-Coat ( I own a detail shop) and have window tint going in very soon. Love the car! Pictures can be found below.

www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

·
Registered
84 Posts
Can you elaborate on the transmission issues ? Is this a common problem and does it only affect Bullitts or GT's as well ?

Sorry for the delayed response. So, I just got mine back from the dealer. Have three issues with transmission and one engine noise concern.

This is what those issues are along with their current stance on them:

1. Most concerning (now that they think they know what issue # 3 issue is) - harsh, crunchy 1st to 2nd shift. Tech said yes, for sure it’s there. Much worse when cold. Improves slightly when vehicle has been driven and transmission is at operating temp. Never goes completely away. Tech is their resident “transmission guy” at a fairly high-volume Mustang dealer and says that the only thing Ford has allowed them to do for this was change the fluids so far and that helps some but in ones he has seen as bad as mine it never “fixes” it so he elected to leave mine alone until issues 2&3 are dealt with.

2. Often hard to engage 3rd gear out of a 4000 rpm + shift. Feels tight. He says that is the nature of this transmission unfortunately but says I should be thankful I don’t have an early one as they were much worse. Basically said wait till it breaks. Really concerning seeing how in exactly one year of ownership I have only 5,000 kms on it.

3. This one is the stumper and has me worried that a) maybe he hasn’t seen enough Mustang transmissions of this generation to really know what is goin on and b) Ford is compensating for a known issue. The transmission has a rattling or ratcheting sound and feel coming out of a 2-3 and 3-4 shift while mildly spirited driving. Really worrisome noise. Higher the rpm shift it is, the worse it is. Sounds mechanical for sure. First time I was in for this problem they said to play with the traction control and rev matching. I did, no difference. Nothing at all to do with tire grip or traction control. Today he puts it on the hoist and shows me they think it is an issue with the counterweight on the right side of the transmission. What worries me is he has never seen or noticed one of these on them before. It is loose where it connects with a pin on the outside to a rod into the internals. I’ll take a pic once I get it up on my rack at home here. Looks like an upside down ‘T’, painted black. If you grab it you can see play in the pin and it makes a very similar noise to what you hear in the car.

4. Engine has a slapping sound coming from passenger side rear of engine (firewall almost) when cold started. Increases with engine rpm and eventually smoothes out but really loud at idle then goes away when hot. This is not the standard coyote engine tick. I have had 4 of these blocks in my F150s and have heard that tick in all of those and other Mustangs and this Bullitt has that tick too. This is a slapping sound. Flutters even. They confirmed it and are waiting to talk to Ford Engineers on it and the transmission issue #3

Will keep updating this thread. Maybe even start one in mechanical issues section in the event no one would think to look here if they are having similar concerns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Sorry its been a while. The options mine has are as follows,
Bullitt Electronics Package
Magna-ride Suspension

The previous owner had all the build sheets, window sticker, and 2 Bullitt brochures. Even the wheel locks were in a bag and never installed. My Mode and garage door opener were never set up either. I paid less than $43,000 for it. To me it was worth every penny because the car still smelled like new. A older gentleman owned it. It had 1,100 miles on it and now has over 2,000 miles on it and Ive had it about three weeks. I ceramic coted the whole car with Opti-Coat ( I own a detail shop) and have window tint going in very soon. Love the car! Pictures can be found below.

www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
Looks gorgeous! Thanks for sharing! Did you get a cover too?

Sorry for the delayed response. So, I just got mine back from the dealer. Have three issues with transmission and one engine noise concern.

This is what those issues are along with their current stance on them:

1. Most concerning (now that they think they know what issue # 3 issue is) - harsh, crunchy 1st to 2nd shift. Tech said yes, for sure it’s there. Much worse when cold. Improves slightly when vehicle has been driven and transmission is at operating temp. Never goes completely away. Tech is their resident “transmission guy” at a fairly high-volume Mustang dealer and says that the only thing Ford has allowed them to do for this was change the fluids so far and that helps some but in ones he has seen as bad as mine it never “fixes” it so he elected to leave mine alone until issues 2&3 are dealt with.

2. Often hard to engage 3rd gear out of a 4000 rpm + shift. Feels tight. He says that is the nature of this transmission unfortunately but says I should be thankful I don’t have an early one as they were much worse. Basically said wait till it breaks. Really concerning seeing how in exactly one year of ownership I have only 5,000 kms on it.

3. This one is the stumper and has me worried that a) maybe he hasn’t seen enough Mustang transmissions of this generation to really know what is goin on and b) Ford is compensating for a known issue. The transmission has a rattling or ratcheting sound and feel coming out of a 2-3 and 3-4 shift while mildly spirited driving. Really worrisome noise. Higher the rpm shift it is, the worse it is. Sounds mechanical for sure. First time I was in for this problem they said to play with the traction control and rev matching. I did, no difference. Nothing at all to do with tire grip or traction control. Today he puts it on the hoist and shows me they think it is an issue with the counterweight on the right side of the transmission. What worries me is he has never seen or noticed one of these on them before. It is loose where it connects with a pin on the outside to a rod into the internals. I’ll take a pic once I get it up on my rack at home here. Looks like an upside down ‘T’, painted black. If you grab it you can see play in the pin and it makes a very similar noise to what you hear in the car.

4. Engine has a slapping sound coming from passenger side rear of engine (firewall almost) when cold started. Increases with engine rpm and eventually smoothes out but really loud at idle then goes away when hot. This is not the standard coyote engine tick. I have had 4 of these blocks in my F150s and have heard that tick in all of those and other Mustangs and this Bullitt has that tick too. This is a slapping sound. Flutters even. They confirmed it and are waiting to talk to Ford Engineers on it and the transmission issue #3

Will keep updating this thread. Maybe even start one in mechanical issues section in the event no one would think to look here if they are having similar concerns.

Thanks, have started a thread for you here:

https://www.imboc.com/forums/457-19-20-mechanical-issues/374509-post-any-mt82-transmission-issues-here.html#post3738795

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
One of the cars I listed earlier has been reduced and becomes the first sub $43k car I have seen ($42,981)

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/784097075/overview/

**ETA**
Found this one on eBay, K0574 with 5210 miles for $42,431 - Cheapest Bullitt I've see so far.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-Ford-Mustang-Bullitt/362733448181?hash=item5474992bf5:g:Dl0AAOSwAMJdX~Vh

One newly listed, fully optioned with 1500 miles for $46,000. Private seller who bought the car and now has to head abroad.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/784115316/overview/

·
Registered
84 Posts
Also just found this one, K2990 with 10,000 miles and reported damage on carfax. It has a replacement carbon hood so I wonder if the hood was damaged. It also has tinted fromt & rear lights and looks to have been lowered. Asking $43,602.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/783641398/overview/

If this is the same car (guessing so from the hood and also the blacked out window trim that the poster refers to as a “chrome delete”) pretty sure this thing has been all over Instagram being beat on.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
If this is the same car (guessing so from the hood and also the blacked out window trim that the poster refers to as a “chrome delete”) pretty sure this thing has been all over Instagram being beat on.

Interesting! Got a link or a username?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)
Another new one listed. Dealer lists it as having heated seats but it has Recaro's, I wish they would research their stock more. 750 miles and asking full MSRP for a new one...nice try.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/784380107/overview/

Looking at new, most come with Electronics Pkg and Magnaride (MSRP $51k), these are now in the low to mid $40's (I've seen them as low as $42k), the cheapest fully spec'd I have found is $44k in black and $46k in green. That's nearly $10k off MSRP so in my opinion means ANYTHING used (i.e. with thousands rather than hundreds of miles) isn't worth more than high $30's now, especially with the 20's coming out.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Interesting! Got a link or a username?

Hey Tony. I don’t have a username. I only follow the Bullitt related hashtags and it was always posted on one or more of those. Fairly positive it’s the same car as I remember thinking of doing the black wrap on the chrome because of his posts and it’s had that hood done like that for a while.

21 - 40 of 76 Posts