Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY WIFE WANTS A BIGGER HOUSE GOTTA SAY BYE BYE TO THE BULLITT OR BYE BYE TO MY MARRIAGE, TOUGH CHOICE HAD TO THINK A LITTLE WHILE, WAS WONDERING WHAT USED BULLITT'S ARE GOING FOR

·
Registered
610 Posts
Probably not much over a used 2001 mustang,what with incentives and car sales are today.If you could hold on a while these cars should come up.Check over at BON with CARGUY or FIVE-OH-B, They're in the business.

#1748 DHG :bullitt:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bullittman on 2001-10-28 20:11 ]</font>

·
Registered
285 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-10-28 20:53, schmedlap wrote:
You might want to think again about trading the wife!
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

:lol

In 20 years or so, you'll be telling the "The Bullitt Mustang I shouldn't have sold" story to everyone.

Scott D.

·
Registered
255 Posts
If my wife gave me the ultimatum of it's the bullitt or me, I would simply look at her, take a drag off my cigarette and say, "don't let the door hit your a$$ on the way out". I guess that's why i'm not married and I don't smoke....what do you think? :wink:

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,029 Posts
LOL Escro! Yes, that could be a very good reason why you aren't married! :smile: Sounds like you should be in the movies, tho! :eek:

Vicki

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Is there something I'm missing here? Is there a genuine need for a bigger house (kids, relatives, roof caving in, etc)? Do you agree that you need a bigger house? If so, pay no further attention to the rant below :grin: If not, read on.

Lay the law down my man. It does not make good economic sense to take a loss on a car like that. Did you buy it without her knowing? If she agreed to your buying the car, she has no right to ask you to sell it now. What's up with that? Why, all of a sudden does she want a bigger house? Do you not need this car? Tell her to sell hers and she can have that bigger house :grin: I'm sure that would make as much sense as you selling your Bullitt.

Dude, bigger houses are overated. More maintenance, bigger utility bills, more furniture to buy (cause nothing you own will match the new house :grin: ), higher property taxes, I could go on and on.

No, I'm not married :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 01GTB on 2001-10-28 23:38 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
If you really have to sell it. Dealer wholesale is about $19000.00 and retail should be around $22500.00. I think they will be worth a little bit more after all the new one's are finally sold and or the economy gets better and all the dealer incentives go away. Then we all wait 20 years and they will all be worth $50,000.00. :smile:

Teddy Katz Bullitt#60
www.teddykatz.com

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tskatz on 2001-10-29 06:15 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Women come and go, but Bullitts are forever. No, I'm not married. Life is good.

·
Registered
112 Posts
WAAAAAAAA your wife does not like your BULLITT, so when you get in the bigger house tell your wife I want a better car say a Bullitt, then say its either the Me or the House, you watch shell say buh bye to you then your gonna really be p*ssed

·
Registered
568 Posts
You must've done something wrong somewhere. My wife drives the Bullitt daily, while I'm relegated to my other cars. She'd throw a fit if I tried to sell it. :smile: Seriously, you're gonna take a big hit selling it; a local dealer just picked up a 2001 GT for less than the $19,000 he's asking. It only had 4 or 5 K on the odometer. He said there's a glut of used cars on the market & the 0% financing on the new vehicles is killing the trade-in value. The dealer I bought our Bullitt from says he's had one of his best quarters yet & he's not a big volume seller.

·
Registered
302 Posts
saw an add in the local paper for a used black on efor 22,500. so go figurethat one.

·
Registered
172 Posts
In the October 22nd edition of the Blackbook wholesale guide,the average wholesale for a Bullitt with 9000 miles to 12000 miles is 21100.Clean wholesale is 22000.Hope this helps.Also,I go to auctions regularly and have never seen a Bullitt at a wholesale dealer only auction.

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
well I am married and if my wife thought SHE or HEr needs and wants were more important then mine or my kids... adios , what rhymes with truck and goes with you.... marriage is equal not one sided (either side)
just my opinion

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I bought mine w/ 850 miles on it for $21,800 from a used car dealer. He also gave me $1750 trade in for my 1986 Toyota Camry (basically worth about $500 to them). So, I'd say I got my Bullitt for $20550. Good luck!
P.S. I hate to say this but these cars are a really big gamble as far as investments (lol) are concerned. While, on the other hand, real estate loans are pretty low right now and home sales are very slow. I'd say now (or six months from now) is going to be a great time to buy a house. As far as investments go, it's hard to beat a good piece of property.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Got lucky, my wife said for me to get whatever I wanted, in a car that is. So I looked and saw some nice rides out there, just had to have the Bullitt. Mustang lover ever since my first car was a '66 stang. I'm lucky as the wife understands that there are two kids in HER house, my son and I.

Good luck on the house but I would not get rid of the Bullitt.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
if you try to sell the car now, you'll take WAY to big a loss on it!
that makes even less sense than selling it for the house???
i'm confused here?

·
Banned
975 Posts
To gBullitt01 : I will build you your house at cost so you can keep the BULLITT. I am a General Contractor in Missouri. I have two more to build and the subdivision is finished. You can act as your general contractor and save money. Contact me ASAP if I can help you keep the Bullitt.
:bullitt:

·
Registered
229 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-10-29 17:31, mb4875 wrote:
To gBullitt01 : I will build you your house at cost so you can keep the BULLITT. I am a General Contractor in Missouri. I have two more to build and the subdivision is finished. You can act as your general contractor and save money. Contact me ASAP if I can help you keep the Bullitt.
:bullitt:

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
Sounds like a Damn good offer. wanna build me a house at cost? lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts