Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Rolled over 100k last fall and been noticing I need to add a 3/4 of a Qt of oil around 2k miles. Always use Syn and change @ 5k W filter. Any other 100K+ mile owners seeing this?

There are no leaks and never any smoke and it runs fine? I was thinking about some head upgrades anyway (Livernious stage 2) but not sure if this is a head issue (I was thinking valve guides as the most likley cause) or if something with rings etc.

What to you guys think?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Check your pcv valve and hose that attaches to the intake. I have found that it will get sucked through and go through the motor. If you can take off the upper intake and check for oil or if you can't remove the air filter inlet tube and look through the tb and see if you can see any puddles of oil.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes there is a lot of dark brown color in the upper manifold. But isn't PVC always drawing in under high intake vaccum? The valve is working (not stuck) Is there a unique PVC for this motor?
Thanks

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update

I pulled the TB and the entire upper manifold is black with soot like stuff, no puddles of oil. I will try cleaning it but still not sure what the best course of action would be. I just ordered a PCV oil trap so see if that helps.
The car runs fine but I'm concerned its more than just the PCV sucking oil.

Anyone seen this before....what was done to correct? Valve guides or just a complete rebuild?

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
1/4 of a quart of oil every 1000 miles is not very much oil. I would not be too excited about it. I know I would not be concerned about an engine rebuild at this time. Just a few minutes of time to add some oil between oil changes.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I made a typeO in my original post, its not every 3k miles, its every 2k miles. (I corrected that just now

I'll install the oil separator and also a ECR restrictor gasket after I wash out the intake and see if that helps

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Updates

Installed the Steeda PCV Oil separator and also pulled the TB & IAC off to clean them. At least a shot glass of oil ran out as soon as I removed the TB. Cleaned and re assembled and noticed was the RPM hanging between shfts so I did the IAC mod using a copper cap. That worked just as described in the forum.

There is no room on the right to install the oil separator. It was designed for the Cobra which has the PCV on the left so I installed it on the left just above the master cyl as shown in the instructions & just ran the hoses along the firewall on the ledge with a couple of zip ties to keep them neat.

I was looking into the valve cover thru the PCV hole and there is a baffel plate in there but it was covered in oil. Started the car and a steady spray of oil runs the across the baffel plate!!! I'm thinking the baffel is not in the right place from the factory causing this problem. Anyone have after market valve covers that can look to see if this is made differently?

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
I have aftermarket covers and there is no baffle for mine but the oil seperator should work. It seems to have cleared up my situation. Run it for a while and check it in about 1000 miles and see if you accumilated any oil.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts