Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just filled out a questionaire from Ford marketing in regards to Mustang owners opinions on a V-6 twin turbo @ 370hp. They also asked if the manufacture of the engine was Jaguar, Land Rover,Mazada, and another foreign auto maker would that keep me from purchasing a new mustang?
The questions continued asking about six speed transmissions, V-8 compared to a V-6. If the hp was the same at 370hp and 2 mpg improvement with the V-6 which would I choose? Some styling questions etc etc. Any other owners get this questionaire?

Are we getting a six speed V-6 twin turbo 370 hp mazada or Jag enine in the 08 Bullitt with a six speed?

My answer to the V-8 or V-6 with 370hp which would I choose?--As long as the torque was the same I would take the lighter V-6 in second..anything to get the weight down!!!!

·
Car Whisperer
20,881 Posts
Yeah, since the new GT's don't sound like Mustangs anymore, why not do the 6.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They also asked about 20" wheels, What manufacture has a twin turbo 370hp V-6 on the market now? anyone know?

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For some reason after you click on the link I left, it takes you to the page, but not all the way. when you get to the page, click on "ford cyclone engine" then click on "Twin Force"

That will get you to the specs on the engine and the possible use in Ford Mustangs listed at the bottom of the page.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In the questionaire they also asked about, independent rear suspension, paddle shifter on steering wheel.
I went back to my e- mail to get the list of everything they asked about but it would not pull up the questions after I submitted it.
Sorry Guys

If any one else gets the questionaire, Please write down the questions as you answer them and post here. thanks
DCLMustang

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
So,let me get this straight........Ford wants your approval on a 370 HP V6,but they drag their a$$ when it comes to getting a 375 HP V8 in a affordable Mustang? Then they ask about another possible engine manufactuer.....DUH!! If you are doing that why not the damn Chevy LS-2 400 lighweight V8????? I would take that over any hair dryer V-6 no matter how much power it had!
What the hell is with Ford these days?? Next will be a square "modular" wheel!

·
Charles
13,300 Posts
Maybe I'm showing my age and am just plain stupid or behind the times but give me a V8 with cubic inches and HP. If it was a plain Mustang GT, maybe but not for a Shelby, Bullitt, Boss or whatever else they come out with as a special edition commemorative.

If I wanted a special edition V6 twin turbo I'd buy a Honda or Suburu.

Hell, I'd even take the Chevy V8.

·
Car Whisperer
20,881 Posts
Seems Ford is just continually searching for solutions to problems they forsee and maybe searching in all the wrong places. Iacocca built a car for the masses that the masses could afford and was fun. What happened to that...worked before.

Glad I got the Bullitt when I did or else I couldn't afford a Mustang now.

·
Administrator
6,322 Posts
I believe this questionaire will influence the Mustang refresh being planned for '09. A twin-turbo V6 would most likely bring a different buyer into the fold.

Another engine option was a 370hp 5.0L V8. I chose that one.

In terms of manufacturers, it looks like they are doing more sourcing across the various brands they have outside of Ford. That makes economic sense. I think they want to gauge people's sensitivity to having a Jaguar-designed engine, for example.

I don't they are asking for approval, they are asking for feedback.

This is a great opportunity to speak out.

By the way, go to this thread on TheMustangSource fourms to see how to take the survey.

·
Administrator
6,322 Posts
DragonBullitt said:
Seems Ford is just continually searching for solutions to problems they forsee and maybe searching in all the wrong places. Iacocca built a car for the masses that the masses could afford and was fun. What happened to that...worked before.

Glad I got the Bullitt when I did or else I couldn't afford a Mustang now.
A new GT coupe can be had for about what a Bullitt cost back in 2001. A 300hp 87-octane GT seems "affordable" in today's dollars. It is fun also.

It's the super high-performing versions and limited edition models that are out there in price (I call these "boutique Mustangs" now).

Asking existing Mustang owners what they want directly, based on what engineering decisions they are considering given their current economic state and available resources, seems like looking for solutions to problems in the RIGHT places.

Take the survey - have some fun!

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
I think Ford is planning for the future. With $3 + gas and CAFE 2 we will probably see more of the V6 than V8. Lee's idea is still being carried foward with the current Mustang. A v6 for the masses V8s and SEs for others. The V6 is the bread and butter of the Mustang. Funny some of the ideas being talked about is strangely like the MRT twin turbo V6 of 05 SEMA.

Seems that Ford is wanting to know what we would like to see in the future. Take the survey. At least they are asking!!

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Don't kill the messenger.
I just posted what they asked me and then I tried to find on the web what possible engine could they be considering.

The Duratec V-6 Twin Force was the closest engine I could find with the closest HP they asked about in the survey. Mustang and S-type Jags were listed with the Duratec 35-38 as possible canidates.Perhaps the engines will be assembled at Jag, and the twin turbo charging coming from Volvo.

The Twin Force is an upgraded series of the Duratec which will be coming out in the Lincoln.

I have some grey hair and I have to keep reminding myself that it is a different genaration designing these cars with a different set of problems from first cost to mandated mpg they have to over come.

Draw your own conclusions. Maybe they have a 427 side oiler they are just waiting to stuff under the hood.....

I did comment to them that all Mustangs built in 08 should be painted DHG every single one of them.....

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
not even remotely interested in a v-6 of any kind in a mustang....
that motor ( v-6 ) is NOT what is planned for the 08 bullitt or the 09 BOSS but with ford who knows what and why they will change things. its all about the bucks $$$$$$$'s

·
Premium Member
6,282 Posts
I certainly want to get the weight down and there are lots of ways to do that. But I think it should be a V8 and NA for the Bullitt. Love that V8 sound!

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
Everyone is getting jumpy here. There is no way that Ford would be able to introduce this engine this year. Testing, EPA certification etc takes a lot of time. I think they are looking forward probably into the 09/10 redesign for some ideas on what people want. For us V8 maybe the only way to go but we are in the minority when it comes to Mustang owners. They have to appeal to the masses and one way is the turbo, especially to the younger gen. HP is HP and 370 is nothing to sneeze at bad sound or not.

Ford must be able to offer HP and meet the CAFE 2 requirements. The Shelby GT has the gas guzzler tax on it as will pretty much any car modified over the current 4.6 platform. Any new V8 that does not meet the gas mileage requirements will be penalized and they can only have a certain percentage of vehicles that do not meet that requirement. Also the requirements get steeper over the next few years. So enter a V6 that makes great HP and is within the mileage requirements. Is it the demise of the V8 we all know and love? probably not but it wil be offered in fewer vehicles as the CAFE requirements get tougher.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
People bought the slug Bullitt with only 275 hp. Now people don't want 370 hp. Go figure.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
rblack4405 said:
People bought the slug Bullitt with only 275 hp. Now people don't want 370 hp. Go figure.
I would take 370 HP,in V8 power any day! But somehow a Bullitt 6 banger just doesn't work for me.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts