Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the third owner of DHG #1148. When I bought the car it had been in a minor accident. It looked like it slid sideways into a curb or something. I had to replace all 4 wheels and tires, and also the rear end seemed to be slightly bent. I replaced it with a matching ratio rear from a 2001 Mustang. There was no body damage and all paint and metal is still original. The car had an insurance estimated "over $2500 in damage" If you see the new Ford price for 4 Bullitt wheels and a rear end, It is easy to see where the estimate came from. The title shows a damage disclosure. I need to sell this car and need to know an honest value. It is in show condition with only 22,000 miles. I got it with 4800 miles. I would like to get $13,000. Does that sound fair?

·
Registered
565 Posts
WIth the 'damage' title, I think 13k is about right for an asking price, but I dont think you could expect to get more than 12,000.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
I don't think $13,000 sounds unreasonable. Of course, it all comes down to finding a buyer.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've been watching Bullitts on EBay for some time. No one seems to get more than $16,000 for prime, low mileage, clean title cars though some have been ASKING $18,000 and not getting any takers. On the low end are the high mileage cars (70 to 100 K miles) getting bid up to about $10,000 tops. The title disclosure is going to cost you, regardless of whether its fair or not. I'd guess your car would fetch bids up to about $11,000 on EBay. Two months ago I paid $15,400 for DHG 1594 with 22K miles, a clean title and no history of damage of any kind. It has about $4,000 in quality upgrades and has been meticulously maintained. It just takes one buyer!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I will advertise it for $13,000 and see what kind of interest there is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts