Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's probably been addressed already (I can't seem to locate the intel) but does the host hotel have an outside water outlet/hose? I'm guessing that it being "Mustang Week" in Myrtle Beach, do-it-yourself car washes will be encountering heavy ops during the time frame that we will be there. Zero dark thirty vehicular washing ops may be in order.

·
Premium Member
18,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
*schwing*

:nerd:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,298 Posts
I'm not sure about the eye candy that you might be seeking but Jeff and I will be arriving in Myrtle Beach this Sunday and plan to scope out automobile lathering locations.

·
Banned
978 Posts
4fit? said:
There are a couple that I know of right near the show field, but that is a long haul for you guys staying at Holiday Sands South. :confused:
Many years ago, Bullitthead BULLITT3230 (Kurt) introduced me to the "motel detail kit" which consists of the trash can(s) from your motel room filled with shower water from your motel room. Works like a champ...but you have to make several trips to your motel room to fetch clean water. A first floor motel room is the best strategy in this scenario.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
PX said:
Many years ago, Bullitthead BULLITT3230 (Kurt) introduced me to the "motel detail kit" which consists of the trash can(s) from your motel room filled with shower water from your motel room. Works like a champ...but you have to make several trips to your motel room to fetch clean water. A first floor motel room is the best strategy in this scenario.

man, would have NEVER thought of that one, Collin, smart thinking there! i am hopeful if the hotel is going so far as to secure roped-off parking for our stay, they will allow us to use any hoses they have (IF they have them of course)...

if no one minds using the basic suds stuff from oreilley, i have a half gallon of the stuff from an old charity car wash from last spring i am willing to bring down, along with my MF sponge and a terry-cloth mitt, to help in the daily car-washing activities...

shaun

·
Registered
771 Posts
The Hotel does have, and has let us use the hose.

There are also many self wah car washes in the area between the hotel and the show grounds.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
PX said:

I have two 2-gallon buckets that I am carrying with me. One for rinse water and one for car wash solution. But I am staying at a condo with a water connection, so I'm good to go.

For your situation, I would recommend Optimum No Rinse. Some of the top notch mobil detailers use this exclusively. If I was staying at a hotel, this is exactly what I would use. :wink:

·
Registered
143 Posts
WASHING

We always stay around the south end.There is a Shoneys there on the corner,right behind it is a car wash(has like 5-6 bays).Also a Food Lion on the other corner to help locate it.13TH ave south kings hwy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts