Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to warn fellow Bullittheads of a very very bad, and believe me I am reserving myself on the language. I recently purchased an Aniversary Shifter Bezel and cargo net from Prestige Mustang, and even dealt with the owner, Todd Welborn. He told me that the items were prestine. Well, low and behold, I receive the items and the shifter boot had a tear and the net had three,not one, three tears. I guess they need an eye wear plan. I call the guy back to return the items and they tell me no way. Finally the owner got on the telephone, irate and tells me that I'm bugging him!!!!! And I should by direct from Ford and that I should not call him anymore. Guess what, I do not need your junk or your attitude. Well, guess what, next time I willby from Ford Directly because they will stand behind their sales. In final Prestige is nothing but a Crappy Junk Yard as I have found out the hard way. As in any Junkyard, you must inspect yourself, in person. In final I would not recomend dealing with the unprofessional Prestige Mustang of Georgia, www.prestigemustang.com. Sorry to rant to you guys but I thought my warning might save someone some grief in the future. Thanks Curt W.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
That's good to know.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
thats why I always do some research on the company before buying from any of them. I've been screwed before and trust me I hope it never happens again. Thanks for the warning.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had a similar experience with Prestige and that crook Todd. The only thing that saved me was using an AmEx card and filing a claim with them. AmEx handled the dispute and saved me alomost $1000 for doors and a trunk on my 20th anniversary conv. Prestige shipped me damaged parts after committing to send first quality clean straight replacement parts. No one should do business with that disreputable company.

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Did you pay by charge card? If so, you can send your bank card a letter with the transaction number and reason to credit the purchase price. They will then contact Prestige.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update

The owner, Todd Welborn, told me that he would credit my credit card. It would be in his best interest, as I sent the crap back to him, I mean his Prestine Merchandise. Get with the program pal, if we wanted junk, I would havejunk parts up front, which I most certainly did not. I am a little retentive when it comes to my investments!!!! Thank you all for your support, I'll keep you posted on the outcome. Curt W.

·
Premium Member
871 Posts
I'm not sure, but there may be a time limit on when you can challenge a charge. Just make sure that he doesn't string you along until you go beyond the time limit.
Good luck!
Bruce

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I would send the letter to the credit card company now for insurance. If he credits your account, you can tell the card company it's been resolved and disregard the letter.

·
Car Whisperer
20,806 Posts
Thanx for letting us know. I won't even consider that vendor for anything.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
There is a maximum timeframe to challenge a charge or claim fraud. Don't quote me but I think it's something like 45 days from date of the charge/purchase. Check with your CC company on the policy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts