Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This afternoon,we had to say goodbye to our beloved dog Bubbie. We had him for 16 years. After suffering with kidney failure,for the last several weeks,we had to let him go.
So,after a quiet dinner with the wife,I take the Bullitt out for a drive as the sun set.
With his favorite toy,in the passenger seat,I let the Bullitt rip thru the gears, on a nice country road.
This one is for you Bubbie!!
I feel a little better now. He was one fine friend,that helped us get through life's little troubles.
Rest in peace my little friend.
The Bullitt is great medicine.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,068 Posts
sooooo sorry

:cry: :cry: :cry: They truly are man's best friend, aren't they Larry.... I have tears rolling down my cheeks (and I have dry eyes) reading your post about your beloved Bubbie. Did he enjoy riding in your cars with you? That was one special "last ride" for him I am sure of it.

I have had to put down 4 dogs and a cat in my married life. It is a very hard thing to face and do. I couldn't handle staying with them till they crossed over so Bill would stay with them. It is a very, very hard thing to do....

I am sorry you had to put Bubbie down Larry.

Vicki

·
3,389 Posts
Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water, and sunshine and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who have been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; his eager body begins to quiver.

Suddenly, he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together...

·
Registered
816 Posts
So Sorry for you loss!!
Our family Black lab died 2 1/2 years ago. I can remember every last detail of his last minute with me as he died in my arms. That sounds sad, but he was 14 years old and had the best life until the last week of his life. Complications from diebetis took him. He was at the animal hospital. I showed up at 0530 in the morning to see him. As I walked into the room the lifted his head and looked my way. He laid his head back down then passed. He waited for me!! That was awsome.
Nothing can replace your loss. But know you gave Bubbies the best home and he was loved and he knew it.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Mus408 said:
This afternoon,we had to say goodbye to our beloved dog Bubbie. We had him for 16 years. After suffering with kidney failure,for the last several weeks,we had to let him go.
So,after a quiet dinner with the wife,I take the Bullitt out for a drive as the sun set.
With his favorite toy,in the passenger seat,I let the Bullitt rip thru the gears, on a nice country road.
This one is for you Bubbie!!
I feel a little better now. He was one fine friend,that helped us get through life's little troubles.
Rest in peace my little friend.
The Bullitt is great medicine.
so sorry for your loss. i concur about the bullitt though, i hadnt driven mine in a while, and now that i have had her out for two days now... i am like a new man!

·
Registered
816 Posts
Oh Yea!! Running thru the gears feels good!! I prefer a little tire smoke too. Always puts a smile on my face. Inrcreadible theropy!!

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Larry and Margie I'm so sorry for your loss... I will always remember Bubbie as such cool little man.... He was great little guy... God bless bubbie

·
Premium Member
18,830 Posts
Very sorry to hear of this, Larry.

A family member has passed.

Rest in peace, Bubbie.

:cry:

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks very much for all your replies. I just came in from work,wife is at the store and it is too quiet around here.
We have great folks here,at IMBOC, to help others with their pains in life.
Bubbie did love his rides in the car!
Thanks again to you all from my family.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
TOYS-R-ME! said:
Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water, and sunshine and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who have been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; his eager body begins to quiver.

Suddenly, he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together...

Thanks very much for posting this. There must be a special place for our little buddies! I know he is being well taken care of.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Sorry to hear of your loss.

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
So sorry to hear about bubbie, I have been there before so i know what is is like.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Sorry to hear this sad news. At least your great friend no longer suffers.:cry:
Good luck Larry.
R/T.J.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Sorry for your Bubbie passing. I think he has gone to a much better place now and that you should take comfort that he isn't suffering now. I know from loosing several (we have what amounts to a kennel in others peoples minds, and no one is not enough) of our pets over the years that it takes a while to get used to your little friend not being with you now.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts