Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a free and easy video editing software program? I ahve the JVC hard rive video camera and need something to edit the videos after I get them on the computer. They download as a MOD file (???)

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Windows Movie Maker comes free with most Windows equiped PCs. You just import the video into there and do your editing. I've used it sevaral times. I also have Pinnacle, Adobe Premier, and Adobe After Effects, but they are not free.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Let me look when I get home. I have PremierePro and another one. Pinnacle sounds familiar. It might be that. If so, just pay for shipping and it's yours. I'll also check and see if it handles MOD files. I never heard of that format though. I'll PM you with the data.

·
Registered
6,808 Posts
i'm curious about this too...i've not found any easy way to edit the mod files...i had to find a program to convert to one format the to another to get them to work...i think i finally found that it'll work with adobe premier but i didn't want to buy the software...it wasn't that important to me...so i hope someone has a free program. :)

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Some vid editing software allows you to import into the software directly from the camera itself. In doing so, it can save the raw file in it's own native format. Been a while since I used it, but I believe Pinnacle functions this way.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
What I have that I thought was Pinnacle is something called "Magix Video Deluxe" and it doesn't mention anything about MOD files. Sorry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts