Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had asked this in another area..I am wonding if anyone else has heard about using a vinyl strip on the back window to cover the "dots" so the back window can be tinted without making it look so poorly. My last mustang looked like crap because of: 1. I didn't know there were forums like this where I could ask questions at. 2. I was younger and dumber :smile:. Well, if anyone does have any hints or suggestions I would welcome them. I read the Nov 2001 MM & FF issue, but the tint story only said to sand them. I still fear this solution some and would rather go to another option. Well, I welcome any suggestions.. Thanks..Semper Fi!

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
That is exactly what I had done on mine. He just put on a black vinyl strip on the inside over the black matrix. Went on like a charm. No gaps or spots where the adhesive didn't stick. Sorry, no picks of this. It is such a good job that it really doesn't show.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steve

Do you know what kind of vinyl it was, (ie, who made the stuff, what was the tint color or the vinyl shade called. The only sign dealer that had any idea suggested "scotch Translucent film -opaque- in dusty smoke. Does this sound like the type they used.

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
I don't know who makes it. Checked the slip from the tint guy, but nothing on it about the manufacturer. Film is from LLUMAR. It goes on just like the tint film, but you can't see through it at all. The strip he put on is just alittle wider than the dot matrix on the top of the rear window. At first I thought it may block to much of the view out of the rear window, but it is just fine. I will give him a call monday and find out who makes it.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for checking on that for me. I don't want to drive all the way there (45 miles) to be told they have no idea what to do nor where to even look for the answer. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
I've got the black vinyl strip on mine and my tint guy uses 3M products.

·
Registered
152 Posts
i put it on my car also, the stuff i used came from a arts and crafts store. works fine for me, although i need to re-aply it because i put it on in a rush and dont like the way it is cut.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts