Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got a call from my wife tonight. Our house was broke into while she was at work. I'm currently TDY to Ohio, so this is ealy stressing her out. To add to the mayhem, most of my family is out of town for a wedding until later this afternoon. The sorry part was our two dogs got out, but by a small miracle they came back about two hours after the smoke cleared. This gave Us some peace as those Dogs are family. They are only ankle bitters, I believe if we had a large outdoor dog, the break-in would not have happened. I am now going to try and get some rest, my unit might send me home early to help get my house straightened up. On a good note my wife say's they didn't seem to take anything, so the barking might have scared them off, and it turns out two other houses where hit as well. This really could not have happend at a worse time as this is my first trip away, we recently moved to San Antonio, and my wife works the swing shift. My niebors really stepped up and swept the house before my wife went in, so I owe him a few cases of beer. Updates as they become avaliable.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
That really sucks! I know how hard it is to get news like that when you are away from home. I hope everything turns out ok and try to be happy that it didn't happen when your wife was at home that would have been a lot worse! Good luck on getting sent home early to help straighten up.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Sorry to hear about that Lance.

I know the feeling of being violated. At least she is safe and nothing of any value seemed to be taken.

When my house was robbed (and my Bullitt stolen) I was 1,200 miles away, my second day at a new job. I know the helpless feeling you are experiencing.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Sheesh, glad to hear everyone is safe.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Damn!!!That sucks.Glad to see the wife,and dogs are safe.People have no respect,and it's only getting worse as time goes on.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update...
I got sent home last night to help get my wife settled down. My commander pretty much told me to get on the next Bird smoking out of Dayton. I will be home for at least a week. More to follow. Thanks for the kind words of support, I believe we got off lucky.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Walkman003309 said:
Update...
I got sent home last night to help get my wife settled down. My commander pretty much told me to get on the next Bird smoking out of Dayton. I will be home for at least a week. More to follow. Thanks for the kind words of support, I believe we got off lucky.

Glad you were able to get home to settle things down....As far as getting off lucky-it sounds like you are right there. Things certainly could have been much worse.
I gotta say though that the fact that the perps are still breathing after breaking into the home of someone who is defending the very country they live in tells me that they also got off lucky.....John R

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Rangerdoc got the same "Welcome to SA". That really sucks. You just want to string the little bastards up and pull their fingernails out. (Well, I want to anyway.)

Hope you didn't lose too much.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
SA ftl.

I lived in Galveston for awhile and while I never got "hit", I certainly was wary about my surroundings.

A friend of mine had a 1997+ LT1 Camaro. He had a blower and some other stuff done to it. We went out to Houston one night to catch the street racing (pre September 2003 bull**** racing laws) and someone followed him home. He called me the next day about someone stealing his car.

He found the shell a few weeks later under a bridge in Houston. He tracked peices of his vehicle all over the bay area, notably in mansfield, where someone said he bought the 11 bolt rear axle from someone else.

Shady ********. :eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts