Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after much talk with Sam Strano and realizing that I want ground clearance I have a question. So I was thinking of Eibach springs because I like the Shelby GT ride height but then I dont want to scrape my car. I think the Bullitt stock is too high. So does anyone have these leveling springs? Do they perform much better than the factory springs. I want to match them up to some Koni's and some decent rear lower control arms. Just wanna know if anyone has them and do they like the performance? Also anyone have some cloe up pics of the car ride height? The one on strano performance is kinda far away.

thanks

·
Car Whisperer
21,377 Posts
I have the Vogtland lowering springs in my 01 and love them.

·
Registered
213 Posts
BitetheBullitt0793 (I think that's his screen name) has those springs with Koni's (and a Watts link). He seems to very pleased with it given his past posts, but I don't know that he has pictures. I know that Jim Harris, that's the man who owns the car I have a picture of up on my website with the GT500 springs is also happy. I really like the springs as well.

The Eibach's look good, but they are lower to be sure. Basically the GT500 Vogtlands will take some of the edge off the height. The Eibach's make the car look a lot lower. Suspension wise the taller the springs, the more working travel you have and consequently the car rides a bit better as you aren't getting on the bumpstops as hard or as fast. What is comes down to is mostly the look. If you have to have the Eibach look, then you should go that way. If you want the supsension to be a bit more composed, have a bit more working spring travel and don't want the car as low then it's the Vogtlands. For that matter you arne't locking into the GT500 springs, you can of course use the standard GT springs which lower the nose more (but the rear is about the same).

Here's what it comes down to. Neither is wrong, so don't worry that you are going to create a mess. Just a matter of which is more "right" for your priorities.

·
Registered
969 Posts
pics 4 u

originally posted by j0eabs:

Vogtland Leveling Springs
So after much talk with Sam Strano and realizing that I want ground clearance I have a question. So I was thinking of Eibach springs because I like the Shelby GT ride height but then I dont want to scrape my car. I think the Bullitt stock is too high. So does anyone have these leveling springs? Do they perform much better than the factory springs. I want to match them up to some Koni's and some decent rear lower control arms. Just wanna know if anyone has them and do they like the performance? Also anyone have some cloe up pics of the car ride height? The one on strano performance is kinda far away.
mike,

i have the set up you are interested in. sam fixed me up! i posted some pics on photobucket. type in the name "bitethebullitt" when you get there. please forgive in advance my photography skills.

also on my bullitt that you can't see in the pics are j&m lower control arms. these babies really keep the rear end moving forward instead of sideways by greatly eliminating tire hop. i have the poly bushings. i liked their design better than the others i have seen.

i went with this set up because i simply wanted to balance out the rear height to the front. i was interested in making the car handle better and ride better more than having a "lowered look." i decided to keep my suspension travel and improve the handling.

good luck!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Gerald! No bitethebullitt can be found on photobucket! :(

·
Registered
309 Posts
Montoya,
I found them on photobucket. When you search images it brings up a screen that says "no results" at the bottom of that screen there is a link that says something like "are you searching for user bitethebullitt?" Click on that and you will get the pics.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just saw the photos and they do look fine to me. I think I will go with that set up but use some UMI control arms in the back since they are a fair price. What did you do about your upper strut mounts?

·
Registered
969 Posts
originally posted by j0eabs:

I just saw the photos and they do look fine to me. I think I will go with that set up but use some UMI control arms in the back since they are a fair price. What did you do about your upper strut mounts?
mike,
i went with the steeda upper strut mounts. they are top notch and will last and last. you will be glad you changed out those lca's too. the lca's make a noticeable difference. my experience is that the mods you are contemplating will compliment one another.

orignially posted by STJonesin4:

What % is your tint? The car looks great by the way!
steve,

thanks, brother. the tint is 30% on the driver/passenger fronts, and 20% on the rear and 1/4 windows. it is the 3m brand tinting. i have noticed that this combo is really effective in keeping out the heat as well. i'd do the windshield if i could. ha!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts