Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well everything is ready to go except the car won't work w/ vortech's chip. If I remove the chip the car starts although it runs like crap. This is the second return from Vortech and they can't seem to figure it out. They had indicated that it could be the PATS sys. (Passive Anti Theft Sys.). They said try and reset the PATS which didn't work. Then they said I might have a new hybrid PATS sys. that they don't support yet. What am I to do? So frustrated right now. Can anyone give me some advice in which direction to go in? Please help! Out of a Bullitt for almost 3 weeks now.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Have you sent Vortech your computer so they can check it themselves? Are you sure all of the protective coating is removed from the copper connectors? Most of the time a nonstart condition with chips is due to a bad connection. In my case I had a Diablo chip and my car would not start no matter what I did. I finally said "screw it!" It might be your PATS, but plenty of people on this site have aftermarket chips that work. I suggest you call different Vortech installers in your area and see if they have run into the same issue. Also, you could get a custom Superchip burned for you by Paul's High Performance.

Brad

Dark Highland Green #1790
Mods:Baer Racing EradiSpeed Rotors, Eibach springs, Tri-Ax, Densecharger 100mm, 87mm Pro-M MAF, Steeda Undrdrv/P's & T/A, FRPP Alum D/S, 3.73's, Mac Long Tube Headers & Cat'd H-Pipe, 255/45-17's & 275-40-18's BFG KDW's

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Brad1790 on 2001-12-01 21:41 ]</font>

·
Registered
509 Posts
I agree with Brad1790.....make sure that the contacts on the chip are totally cleaned. I have a SuperChip and had to clean the contacts a second time and then it worked (and still does) great!

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
cant you just get a custom chip from Paul's? so they can burn it according to all your Mods?

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Guess it would be best to have the car on the dyno,when tuning a chip for a blower setup. One thing I ran into,when installing my computer,after a chip install,when shoving the computer into it's factory white plastic holder,the chip would become partialy dislodged,thus the car would not start! Finaly removed the plastic holder,reinstalled the computer in it's hole,and eveything was fine.

1,169 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-01 16:20, seamuse wrote:
Well everything is ready to go except the car won't work w/ vortech's chip. If I remove the chip the car starts although it runs like crap. This is the second return from Vortech and they can't seem to figure it out. They had indicated that it could be the PATS sys. (Passive Anti Theft Sys.). They said try and reset the PATS which didn't work. Then they said I might have a new hybrid PATS sys. that they don't support yet. What am I to do? So frustrated right now. Can anyone give me some advice in which direction to go in? Please help! Out of a Bullitt for almost 3 weeks now.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
If this helps our bullitts do not have the newest PATS system. The new PATS system uses an incripted key. We have the PATS 2 system.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts