Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that Im going to have to upgrade from the Vortech mini race to either the Mondo or Procharger red. Anyone have any experience with these?
I swapped my meter to a PMAS Blow thru and the Mini race cant keep up with the amount of boost im making.
Thanks
Wes

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I bought the Procharger Red. My car has been at Turbo People for the tuning troubles and thats what they reccomend. I understad its pretty loud, but what the hell its not my DD.
-Wes

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
twin051302 said:
Well, I bought the Procharger Red. My car has been at Turbo People for the tuning troubles and thats what they reccomend. I understad its pretty loud, but what the hell its not my DD.
-Wes
Hmmm, yeah if they recommend something then go for it. There is also the HKS SSQ BOV that is very reliable, it's also about 250 bucks. but hey, for the saftey of your motor a little cash is nothing.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mr.BULLITT said:
Hmmm, yeah if they recommend something then go for it. There is also the HKS SSQ BOV that is very reliable, it's also about 250 bucks. but hey, for the saftey of your motor a little cash is nothing.
At this point its like a drop in the bucket compared to what I have spent(lol).
-Wes

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
twin051302 said:
At this point its like a drop in the bucket compared to what I have spent(lol).
-Wes
TEll me about it. I know as of right now i've only spent about 6k on the car. But i just got a few of my estimates back from motor and transmission companies and I tell you what. lol

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do your self a favor and really think long and hard about which route you wanna go with the car. I ran a best of 12.08 with the stock motor and trans. I really wish I had pushed the stock set up to the 11's and saved all the money that I have spent. Dont get me wrong I love my new Built motor and the extra boost, but the car isnt as tame as it was before.
-Wes

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
twin051302 said:
Do your self a favor and really think long and hard about which route you wanna go with the car. I ran a best of 12.08 with the stock motor and trans. I really wish I had pushed the stock set up to the 11's and saved all the money that I have spent. Dont get me wrong I love my new Built motor and the extra boost, but the car isnt as tame as it was before.
-Wes
Yeah, I have thought about it. At first I wanted to build a street/strip car that pushed low 10s. But thats what I've been doing with all the cars I've had so far, so I have done a TON of research and started to put together a list of parts and pieces for a R&T car that can push a slightly good 1/4 mile, then I plan on putting the Motor thats in the car now into either my 74' or a 66 or 67 fastback.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Mr.BULLITT said:
Yeah, I have thought about it. At first I wanted to build a street/strip car that pushed low 10s. But thats what I've been doing with all the cars I've had so far, so I have done a TON of research and started to put together a list of parts and pieces for a R&T car that can push a slightly good 1/4 mile, then I plan on putting the Motor thats in the car now into either my 74' or a 66 or 67 fastback.

Looking at this post time I think we can put to rest the rumor that Aaron is actually a vampire. This was suspected because until this post time (8:11pm) every other post we had seen was during daylight hours....:lol:

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
twin051302 said:
-Wes
Wes-Very impressive time with stock drivetrain. Do you have a ton od suspension mods, please tell me you do or it's going to make me look worse than I do now with my car & times....(13.52 @ 109).
Seriously-nice times with or without power adder....:cool:

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Question for both Wes & Aaron, how do you know if you need a different bypass valve? Is there anything to be gained by replacing the stock Vortech unit with an upgraded one if the stock one is functioning okay?....John R :cool:

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
MaineBullitt said:
Question for both Wes & Aaron, how do you know if you need a different bypass valve? Is there anything to be gained by replacing the stock Vortech unit with an upgraded one if the stock one is functioning okay?....John R :cool:
I upgraded because the stock Bosche Valve is known to fail. and you don't want a Bypass Valve to fail, that can mean boom. lol. also, i belive the stock black bosche valve is only good for maybe 10psi? It could be lower I'm not sure. The one I have is good for up to 30psi, you just use shims inside it for the different pressures.

Also, I noticed a difference immeadiatly after changing the bypass valve to a more reliable one. It blows off a little more pressure so the s/c doesn't get exaust breaked as much giving me less lag between shifts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts