Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Vortech Superchargers for Bullitt Mustang:

<TABLE height=610 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=600 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD width=16 bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD width=568 bgColor=#ffffff>2008 Ford 4.6L 3V Mustang Bullitt, V-Power Supercharging Systems

View larger image

<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD></TD><TH class=power scope=col>Power</TH><TH class=torque scope=col>Torque</TH></TR><TR class=stock><TH scope=row>Stock</TH><TD>315 HP</TD><TD>325 lb/ft</TD></TR><TR class=supercharged><TH scope=row>Vortech</TH><TD>494 HP*</TD><TD>432 lb/ft*</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<DL><DT>Supercharger: <DD>V-3 Si-Trim <DT>Boost Pressure: <DD>10-11 PSI at redline</DD></DL>System Components
  • 3.60" drive pulley
    • 8-rib supercharger drive design allows for maximum belt traction and stability
    • Maintains the factory automatic drive belt tensioner.
    • Includes OEM quality A/C pulley, power steering pulley, alternator pulley, idlers and crank damper pulley
  • Supplied Diablosport Predator programmer re-flashes the ECM with a safe, custom Vortech calibration for 91-octane fuel. Other benefits include:
    • Live data monitoring and diagnostics
    • Logging capability
    • Reading and resetting DTC’s
  • Fuel system upgrade includes:
    • High flow 60 lb/hr replacement fuel injectors
    • 255 lph "in-tank" fuel pump with harness. Used in conjunction with the OEM in-tank pump to provide a dual-pump configuration.
  • Air inlet assembly includes:
    • Roto-molded ducts
    • Silicone sleeves
    • Stainless steel clamps
    • 98 mm MAF meter housing with filter
    • Diablosport MAF interface adapter for extended meter range
    • Air filter and shield
  • Includes replacement engine coolant pipes and hose assemblies
  • Billet aluminum supercharger mounting bracket assembly includes idlers, drive belt and all hardware
  • Large charge cooler assembly includes:
    • Welded charge cooler core (*new* 5.46" x 11" air-side face x 4" thick) assembly with cast tanks
    • Molded silicone discharge elbow, Vortech race compressor bypass valve, silicone sleeves and stainless steel clamps
    • Charge cooler surge tank with hoses, clamps and plumbing
    • High-flow Bosch water circulation pump for closed loop cooling
    • Large capacity, dual pass water cooler. Dual pass design and increased volume allows for increased heat exchange and improved performance during extended heavy throttle operation.
Installation time is rated at 10-13 hours

Warranty Information

<DL><DT>1-Year Supercharger Limited Warranty <DD>Included with all superchargers except race/heavy-duty models. More information (PDF) . <DT>3-Year Supercharger Limited Warranty <DD>Included with engine-oil-fed superchargers if purchased with a complete street-legal system. Not available with tuner kits. Available with V-3 systems for an additional $50.00. More information (PDF) . <DT>3-Year/36,000-Mile Powertrain Limited Warranty <DD>Available with complete street legal systems sold and installed by a Vortech Top-Tier Installer. Not available with tuner kits. More information . </DD></DL>
Please Note

* Supercharged horsepower and torque data shown is a calculated estimate based on percentage increases from actual rear wheel hp/tq measurements. Higher boost and power levels are available for modified engines.
Due to the fuel system design on this vehicle, special ECM reprogramming will be required when additional aftermarket parts are added such as an MAF meter, enhanced air inlet ducting, smaller supercharger drive pulleys, large diameter headers/exhaust etc.
2008 Bullitt models require REV. N/D-10 programmer #5A003-035

Smog Certification In Process

These systems have not yet been approved by the California Air Resources Board. 50-State emissions certification is planned. Currently these systems are legal in California only for racing vehicles which may never be used upon a highway (off-road use only).

<FORM class=product_variations action=https://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/cart_add.php method=post><TABLE><TBODY><TR><TH><ABBR title="Part Number">PN</ABBR></TH><TH>Description</TH><TH>Price</TH><TH>Select</TH></TR><TR class="even "><INPUT type=hidden value=1056 name=add_0_var_key><TD class=pn>4FU218-050L </TD><TD>2008 Bullitt, "V-Power" System, V-3 Si-Trim, Satin </TD><TD class=price>$6295.95 </TD><TD><INPUT type=hidden value=1 name=add_0_qty><INPUT type=submit value="Add to Cart" name=add_0_clicked></TD></TR><TR class="odd "><INPUT type=hidden value=1057 name=add_1_var_key><TD class=pn>4FU218-058L </TD><TD>2008 Bullitt, "V-Power" System, V-3 Si-Trim, Polished </TD><TD class=price>$6595.95 </TD><TD><INPUT type=hidden value=1 name=add_1_qty><INPUT type=submit value="Add to Cart" name=add_1_clicked></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></FORM>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Vortech Web Site Link:

http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/product.php?p=155

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
165 Posts
Me likey!!! Especially in polished trim! Here's a pic of my Procharged '06 Engine Bay....I love the sound of a centrifugal blower. I wish the Vortech was louder and they could find a better way to route (hide) the hoses in front of the cooler.

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cgoeschel said:
Me likey!!! Especially in polished trim! Here's a pic of my Procharged '06 Engine Bay....I love the sound of a centrifugal blower. I wish the Vortech was louder and they could find a better way to route (hide) the hoses in front of the cooler.

Chris,

Looking good Man ...........

Tigerhonaker

·
Registered
825 Posts
Let's do some math Terry. Let's see...$6595.95 for the polished blower...gotta' do polished. The ad says 13 hrs labor at about $75.00 per, equals out to almost another grand. Then there's dyno time. Maybe another $300.00. Then if you don't wanna live dangerously you'll need a couple guages. Tack on another grand for good ones and the install. That comes to .... $8,895.96. I'd have to sell a kidney. Or I could come close to the same hp gains with a 150 shot (which alot of guys run) for $585.95. Put it in yourself in a couple of hours with a few hand tools. Now are the numbers starting to bleed through!? Just asking .... lol :smile:
http://www.radmustangs.com/Zex-Wet-Kit-for-2005-Mustang-GT_p_177.html

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wheelman said:
Let's do some math Terry. Let's see...$6595.95 for the polished blower...gotta' do polished. The ad says 13 hrs labor at about $75.00 per, equals out to almost another grand. Then there's dyno time. Maybe another $300.00. Then if you don't wanna live dangerously you'll need a couple guages. Tack on another grand for good ones and the install. That comes to .... $8,895.96. I'd have to sell a kidney. Or I could come close to the same hp gains with a 150 shot (which alot of guys run) for $585.95. Put it in yourself in a couple of hours with a few hand tools. Now are the numbers starting to bleed through!? Just asking .... lol :smile:
http://www.radmustangs.com/Zex-Wet-Kit-for-2005-Mustang-GT_p_177.html
Mike, that is why Guys run NOS for those times that they need that EXTRA H/P to kick in ........

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
825 Posts
tigerhonaker said:
Mike, that is why Guys run NOS for those times that they need that EXTRA H/P to kick in ........

tigerhonaker
I'd sell my kidney for a blower. Hey..since we're on the subject of money. Think we know each other well enough for you to loan me say...ten large!!!:eek:

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got Your Back, Pal ....

Wheelman said:
I'd sell my kidney for a blower. Hey..since we're on the subject of money. Think we know each other well enough for you to loan me say...ten large!!!:eek:
Hey Mike,

That is No-Problem from this End, Pal........

Send Me your Mailing Address and I will put a $10.00 Dollar Bill in an Envelope tonight and

get dressed and take it to our Local Post Office this evening.

That way it will go out tomorrow and I will also put Sufficient Stamps for it to be 1st Class.

Man, if You cannot be there for your Pals here on IMBOC something is really Wrong I say.

I'm here for You, Buddy !!!!!!!

Just give Me the Word and this will be (Expedited) tonight before I go to Bed I Promise You.

In Fact it really makes Me feel Special that You might give Me the Golden Opportunity to Help

a Friend out here on IMBOC.

Regards,

Terry

·
Registered
825 Posts
tigerhonaker said:
Hey Mike,

That is No-Problem from this End, Pal........

Send Me your Mailing Address and I will put a $10.00 Dollar Bill in an Envelope tonight and

get dressed and take it to our Local Post Office this evening.

That way it will go out tomorrow and I will also put Sufficient Stamps for it to be 1st Class.

Man, if You cannot be there for your Pals here on IMBOC something is really Wrong I say.

I'm here for You, Buddy !!!!!!!

Just give Me the Word and this will be (Expedited) tonight before I go to Bed I Promise You.

In Fact it really makes Me feel Special that You might give Me the Golden Opportunity to Help

a Friend out here on IMBOC.

Regards,

Terry
Hose Humanis says "you r a berry berry funny man." lol:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
825 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Brenspeed Vortech V3 in polished version, non intercooled.....4088.00....

200.00 discount for pre owned X2 tuner...
100.00 discount for paying cash...
free shipping...
no sales tax...

Autometer gauges, with SOS dash panel...340.00

Professional installation by trusted mechanic...900.00

Professional dyno tune, netting 418 RWHP non intercooled...450.00

Kicking the living crap out of this guy in a 4th gear pull........

ABSOLUTELY PRICELESS..........!!!!!!

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
GOT OATZ<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1936004", true); </SCRIPT>
<! FIRST NAME START>aka "MikeandKaren"

Thanks for the Great Pictures as they are just Perfect to Show-Off your 2005 Blown-Mustang !!!!!!!!!!!

That is an AWESOME set-up for sure..........

It would be hard not to be out Burning-Up (Dead- Dinosaurs) :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

That is what I call a "MACHINE" !!!!!!!!!

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
930 Posts
I was looking hard at the Edelbrock E-Force, as it would allow me to retain the strut-tower brace, but after all the problems that Tillman Speed had with thier install, I'm looking more towards a centrifugal-type blower instead, by either Paxton or Vortech...
This should cost me about £4,500 shipped and installed as opposed to purchasing in the UK from one of the 'approved' dealers there, who seem not to realise that there is a difference in the exchange-rate still - I'd be looking at about £7,000 (or about $10,000) for the parts and labour...

·
Registered
718 Posts
Wheelman said:
Let's do some math Terry. That comes to .... $8,895.96. I'd have to sell a kidney.
Just tried that. Doctor says my kidneys are shot due to alcohol abuse so I went down to the 7-11 and bought a Lotto ticket.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts