1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
568 Posts
I was just reading up on it myself. Anyone in the Northeast wanna go halvsies? :smile: At $3582 for the basic supercharger, that comes out to around $2000 each, including tax. Dang, I still can't afford it. Those are some impressive numbers, 390 hp & 396 ft/lb torque. At 3200 lbs, the Bullitt would scream with that mod.

01 Bullitt #1697
94 Caprice 9C1
85 Mustang GT
80 F250
70 Monte Carlo

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rancorkeeper on 2001-08-02 11:03 ]</font>

·
Registered
310 Posts
Ok now with that supercharger could the stock rear end stand up to that type of horsepower and torque??? Thanx Havgun #1676
Ah Just the fix to smoke a WS6 TransAm !

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
3582.00 for the supercharger. Then there's instalation,'cause I certanly can't do it. Then there's the suspension and brake upgrades, 'cause the stock just isn't ready for that kind of power. Then the new tires, 'cause the stock tires would be fried in the matter of days :smile: . Then there's all the medical bills from the chiropracter for all the neck adjustments I'll need from the torque. OUCH! ("Speed costs money, how fast do you wanna go?" Deke, from the movie Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry)

·
Registered
959 Posts
Well thanks for posting this... now I have to go start selling plasma and anything else I can find.. :sad:

Brian

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Really? *Hmmmmmmmmm.....how much was that check from George Bush?*

·
Registered
310 Posts
OK heres the deal one of u guys go buy it, install it, test it ! and then let me know how it was and that way u have all the busted knuckles and bleeding hands and ill just dance my way thru it! Sounds like a deal to me! Oh I would be generous enuff to throw in a case of beer for all the heartaches :smile: Thanx Havgun #1676

Oh by the way I am taking donations !

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Havgunwiltrav on 2001-08-02 20:54 ]</font>

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Yeah but how long will those weak pistons stand it?? I remember reading what a FORD project engineer said about the 2V pistons,the top ringlands are weak,and won't stand any detonation. Be careful!

·
Registered
252 Posts
I had an SS.....the biggest problem with that is sure....it goes fast....when it isn't in the shop that is. Mine had all sorts of troubles and in the end it went as fast as I could push it!! ROTFLMAO

·
Registered
451 Posts
Rolling On The Floor Laughing My arse Off

:smile:

·
Registered
568 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-08-02 21:36, Mus408 wrote:
Yeah but how long will those weak pistons stand it?? I remember reading what a FORD project engineer said about the 2V pistons,the top ringlands are weak,and won't stand any detonation. Be careful!
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I have trouble believing the stock rotating arseembly can't handle 390 hp. I'm not familiar with the 4.6, but when I rebuilt my 302 I talked with dozens of gearheads & professionals who all said the stock arseembly was good for well over 500 hp. Plus, these aren't nitrous shots, it's still natural aspiration, so I don't think pre-detonation from hot spots would be an issue. Especially with a computer moderating the fuel delivery.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've been speaking with Vortech about the completion of this kit. I have a Vortech kit for a 99 GT that I was going to upgrade to the Bullitt kit. The brakes will handle the HP no problem. The suspension is OK but you will really want new upper and lower control arms. The factory ones are weak and will twist as mine did. Mine was the old kit with smaller 30lbs inj. The newer kits use 38lbs inj. wich will make alot more HP. The 99 gt made 381rwhp and 368ftlbs tq. All the Dynos were done with the stock cluth and it was slipping pretty bad. They say you put 42lbs inj. and a lightning maf. on a standard GT and you can achieve 430rwhp and 410ft lbs tq at the rear wheels with a good Dyno tuned chip. The kit installs very easily took me about 8hrs not even getting in a hurry. Not sure if I am going to use the charger now seeing a buddy of Mine owns TNT nitrous Tech. and he wants to do a feature on my car for advertisement. N20 sound pretty cool seeing magazine articles will come soon after.

·
Registered
959 Posts
The engine will take the extra power just fine. The kye here, as was mentioned, is keeping detonation away. You tune conservatively and give up a bit of power for safety. Second, don't get greedy and be a little easier on it on very hot days.

Brian

·
Registered
663 Posts
If the dealership looking at your car feels that the supercharger, or it's added strain to the drive train, are the suspect/cause for a mechanical failure things can get ugly. Trust me, I was a Ford mechanic for long enough to see many cases of this. But, I am also a hard core Mustang guy, as are many Ford techs. Sometimes, the tech working on your car can "sway the facts a bit" into your favor. I have repaired many vehicles under warranty when I knew several other techs that would have refused. Many techs are afraid of working on "modified" stuff. Mostly the guys who don't understand the modifications! The best advice, go meet your techs, ask them questions. You will find someone you trust.:wink:

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Well the info. I read claimed that,for reliabilty,the 2V engine could stand upto 400 HP and 6000 RPM. The 4V engine has a beefier rod design,real steel crank and 6 bolt mains,but same type cast hyperutectic piston. Sure it will make and take that power for a while,but....... My feelings are a serious,over 6 psi.,S/C engine should be built from the bottom up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts