Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boy, I'm tempted. They sure make it sound safe on the engine too. I think I just need somebody who knows a lot more than I do (most of you) to convince me it's not gonna hurt my engine and the rest of the car will work fine with it.

http://www.vortecheng.com/yourcar/01mustang_bullitt.html

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-10-03 21:53 ]</font>

·
Registered
168 Posts
Funny,
Anyone see any info on the "chip" required to make this Bullitt Big Block system work?
Past experience I know you have to have this in order to fly. FMU's and superchargers are NOT an easy match, given many variables, i.e. gas, weather in your area, like putting a carb in line with your fuel injection system. I've spoke with "Steeda on this specifically, they utilize a chip to make the system work.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: svtoa0100282 on 2001-09-27 19:14 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Typically the Superchip Vortech burns for it's chargers are very conservative. And considering we can't use an FMU, it's the only affordable way to go. Keep the boost down to a reasonable amount(10psi) and you shouldn't have troubles. The Bullitt kit comes with plenty of injector and fuel pump, so I assume it will be fine. I'll let you next week when mine is done(crosses fingers).

I had one on my 99 S281 for 2 years without any trouble at all. There are some differences between that motor and the Bullitt but it shouldn't have an adverse effect. Actually the extra 1/2 point of compression on the 2001s may be a challenge.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Barnaby on 2001-09-30 23:32 ]</font>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts