Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im ready to buy a supercharger on Monday. SFLA's post indicated we can get a deal by purchasing more than one. If anyone is interested in picking one up let me know very soon. I've got the info to call on Monday and get prices.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
I notice Excessive was listed as one of the possible outlets. Stay away, far away. No experience with BB&T, has to be better than Excessive.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i purchased these chargers from bbt but i have bought 2 previously from exsessive and had no problems.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just purchased a Vortechsuperchager w/ cooler
from Derek at BB&T racing for $4300. $700. savings. Great guy! 800 416 6199

·
Registered
714 Posts
Hey Seamuse, did you get your Vortech yet? I am going to give Derek a buzz and order up one but before I did I thought I would check with you to see if you got your kit yet and if it came complete with no probs? Let me know if your satisfied with BB&T, thanks!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, I purchased Monday from Derk (good guy).
They must get it from Vortech then it goes to their shop and will be shipped out to me.
3 weeks roughly, but the wait is fine because a can get a few more miles on the car (3200 so far)and im saving $700+. I would asume it comes w/ everything, but time will tell. Hope this helps I can't wait. Tri-Ax shiffter comes today, aluminum drive shaft and suspension next week (Wheeeeeee!)
L8r,
Seamus

·
Registered
540 Posts
quick ?? for your supercharged guys.
how much boost are you running and how much boost can you run safely on 91 octane. and which would be better for a racing application---aftercooler or intercooler---

i have a bid check coming this month and i just sold my other car so i am looking into a nice toy for the bullitt

tyler

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't know about an intercooler but the kit i bought comes w/ the aftercooler.
http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/yourcar/01mustang_bullitt.html
According to Vortech you should be able to produce 10psi w/ it safely on 91octane.
All the info can be found on their site.
Don't know what others might have to say about it. I will post my results after everthing is said and done in a month.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
28 Posts
found out the paxton intercooler is a direct bolt on for the vortech p#1300001 $1225.00 from john fairway performance ph#714-528-4670

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Not sure on the boost ?, but as for safely running on 91 octane. It's all about the tune. I have the Vortech burned chip right now and notice some detonation in 2nd and 3rd gear from 4500 up occasionally on 91 octane at 6-7psi. On the dyno I had no detonation and ran an A/F ratio of 10:1 in that rpm range. Needless to say I need another chip to correct this or I will need new pistons/rods before I had originally planned(Xmas time). Listen carefully as these cars have fairly high compression ratios and are suceptable to breaking the ring lands. Just need to listen to your car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts