Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone doing this or planning to? I am thinking about it but I'm just not sure. i don't want #2832 to be the guinea pig.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Steeda Bullitt has already done it. So has SHM. Keep the boost at 8lbs or below and a safe tune and you will be good to go.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Since Vortech claims that torque is increased to 396lb-ft, and the TR3650 is only rated at 335lb-ft, would any mods be necessary to the tranny/clutch?

Also interesting to note, while Vortech claims horsepower/torque gains to 390/396 for the Bullitt, they claim the stock GT goes to 398/393. Where do they get the extra 13 horses? (It's 13 since the Bullitt comes with 265 and the GT comes with 260 stock.)

·
Registered
243 Posts
I'm looking into the fully self contained superchargers. I wouldn't do anything till my warranty is up anyway, but I'm not real enthusiastic on running oil lines, plus the vortechs just don't look right in the engine compartment....to me at least. The Ford Motorsport self contained units blend in real well. A friend of mine had one installed on his 4.6 and it takes a second look to notice it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts