Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after a month its finally done. The problem w/ computer ended up being the chip was programed w/ the wrong perameters and the timing was 13 and should have been 7 (the car wouldn't start w/ chip in the comp.). Had to tow it to Apex motorsports to fix it all up. After the dyno the results are as follows: Max Power 373.5 and Max torqued 365.9

They indicated that I will achive closer to Vortech's posted HP gains (420hp) by adding a bigger mass air meter. Also the fuel pump needs to be checked for either a bad conection or is to close to the bottom of the tank. Its not giving me enough fuel at 5500 rpms.
After everything I'm pleased w/ over all performace. It really cooks!

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-15 17:40, seamuse wrote:
They indicated that I will achive closer to Vortech's posted HP gains (420hp) by adding a bigger mass air meter.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
First of all, congrats! I know you'll love the power.

As for what I quoted above, you are already above Vortech's power estimate. They rate at the crank, not rwhp. You are already at around 440 hp at the crank with 375rwhp. I don't know how hard I would push these motors since they have had issues with piston failure on the 2001 Mustangs.

DHG Bullitt #05134
Vortech S Trim w/AFM Powerpipe
Bassani X-pipe w/cats
Steeda Tri-ax
4.10s
AIM 1.25" wheel spacers

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Barnaby on 2001-12-16 02:27 ]</font>

·
Registered
981 Posts
anyone got more info on "piston failures". I am considering a Paxton supercharger but am hesitant because of possible engine damage.....

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
It you check corral.net or stangnet, you will find the discussion about the 01 supercharger problems. It looks like the tuners were slow to find the fix, but most people are now running fine. You should check the "power adder" topic forums on these sites.

·
Registered
981 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-16 12:35, Walkman003309 wrote:
It you check corral.net or stangnet, you will find the discussion about the 01 supercharger problems. It looks like the tuners were slow to find the fix, but most people are now running fine. You should check the "power adder" topic forums on these sites.

Thanks for the info :-B

·
Registered
394 Posts
seamuse,

I wish I would have known you were going to be at Apex. I would have come by to see your vorteched Bullitt. I get most of my work done there.

Maybe I'll see it at a future Bullitt get together.

Eric

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On 2001-12-16 18:22, BULLITT00208 wrote:
seamuse,

I wish I would have known you were going to be at Apex. I would have come by to see your vorteched Bullitt. I get most of my work done there.

Maybe I'll see it at a future Bullitt get together.

Eric

Sounds good!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
On 2001-12-18 15:10, Forced wrote:
Glad to see everything got worked out and you are happy with the numbers. :smile:

Very pleased w/ the power. Got some Mega pull now.
thx

1,169 Posts
On 2001-12-15 17:40, seamuse wrote:
Well after a month its finally done. The problem w/ computer ended up being the chip was programed w/ the wrong perameters and the timing was 13 and should have been 7 (the car wouldn't start w/ chip in the comp.). Had to tow it to Apex motorsports to fix it all up. After the dyno the results are as follows: Max Power 373.5 and Max torqued 365.9

They indicated that I will achive closer to Vortech's posted HP gains (420hp) by adding a bigger mass air meter. Also the fuel pump needs to be checked for either a bad conection or is to close to the bottom of the tank. Its not giving me enough fuel at 5500 rpms.
After everything I'm pleased w/ over all performace. It really cooks!

Did you have to relocate your battery with the after cooler?

1,169 Posts
On 2001-12-25 22:17, seamuse wrote:
yep sure did! Relocated to the trunk and ran new + & - cables. Very easy.
M-Xmass

Thanks! I have my batteryin the trunk also. Do you plan on putting a ON.OFF switch out side of your trunk?
The track I go to must likely won't give me a hard time if I don't have one but most tracks go by NHRA rules and will require one.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Most likely no. Not to interested in drag racing. I'm more the type to just rip it up around the track and Sears point is so much fun to race on! I don't think NASA requires it but if I have to I will.

1,169 Posts
On 2001-12-27 20:48, BULLITT #1042 (Ray Ackerman) wrote:
I'm sure I'll have to do something about it one day. I'll just "wing it" for now.

Seamuse, Do you have any other mods on the car? Do you have the stock exhaust system?
I'm very seriously conisdering the SQ intercooled Vertech. Thanks.

(Best ET to date 13.73 my Bullitt is stock other then Nitto DR's)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BULLITT #1042 (Ray Ackerman) on 2002-01-07 22:21 ]</font>

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
On 2002-01-07 22:20, BULLITT #1042 (Ray Ackerman) wrote:
I'm sure I'll have to do something about it one day. I'll just "wing it" for now.

Seamuse, Do you have any other mods on the car? Do you have the stock exhaust system?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BULLITT #1042 (Ray Ackerman) on 2002-01-07 22:21 ]</font>

Yup got the Tri-ax shifter, aluminum drive shaft, and Vortech w/ aftercooler on right now. 3.73's going in on Thursday. Also have a pair of 18's for the rear but not ready to fork out $300.00 a tire yet. I would like to do exhaust eventually but not right now due to cash. I also need to get a bigger mass air meter to accomidate the Vortech. Prob. an 87mm. That will about do it for me. Any sugestions on exhaust? Happy moding!

P.S. I highly recomend the Vortech /w aftercooler. Just have to say O YA!
:-B

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: seamuse on 2002-01-08 01:16 ]</font>

1,169 Posts
On 2002-01-08 01:06, seamuse wrote:
On 2002-01-07 22:20, BULLITT #1042 (Ray Ackerman) wrote:

Yup got the Tri-ax shifter, aluminum drive shaft, and Vortech w/ aftercooler on right now. 3.73's going in on Thursday. Also have a pair of 18's for the rear but not ready to fork out $300.00 a tire yet. I would like to do exhaust eventually but not right now due to cash. I also need to get a bigger mass air meter to accomidate the Vortech. Prob. an 87mm. That will about do it for me. Any sugestions on exhaust? Happy moding!

P.S. I highly recomend the Vortech /w aftercooler. Just have to say O YA!
:-B

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: seamuse on 2002-01-08 01:16 ]</font>
WOW.. The RWHP on your original post looks good. I thought you had headers etc. For my car I'm thinking about going with BBK long tube headers with off road H pipes.Your doing pretty good STOCK.... :-B

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It's the Vortech and those are actual dyno #'s. They said by changing the Mass air meter it would give more hp.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts