Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just left Safeway, and I had some groceries in my trunk. As I pull out, I see a white S2000 speeding down the opposite side of the road, so I do a U-turn and catch up. We run a little, just for fun, then I get a chance to speak with him at a red light. He has his top down, and he says to do a U-turn and go at three. So we do, and I put it in 1st going around 10 mph. 1 - 2 - 3 - and we're off! I was glad I got no tire spin, mainly because I didn't have the greatest launch. I was rolling in 1st gear with my foot barely on the clutch right and my RPMs at like 1500. He's ahead of me by about one car at the beginning of the race, but I caught up. Anyway, he lets off - what's that term, breaks down? I know it's not stops, nor lets off, it's in racing when you want the race to finish - at around 110 mph, so do I, but I don't stop immediately because there was a curve in the road, and I'm not just gonna stomp on my breaks. Anyway, he says nice ride, I tell him a little about the Bullitt, compliment his, and he says he has to go.

The verdict? He beat me. The front of my car was probably at his rear view mirror by the end of the race. Did I have fun? Hell yeah! I don't care if I lost, and although both our cars were completely stock, after reading about stock Bullitt's racing stock S2000's on this forum, I'm guessing a better launch would of brought me in the lead.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
The S2000 only has 237HP and 162lbs TQ (assuming a 2007/2008 model). WTF!!!

Something is wrong here. I have raced a couple of S2000s, and it wasn't even a contest. Beat 'em by multiple car lengths pulling away.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
SmokinBullitt said:
The S2000 only has 237HP and 162lbs TQ (assuming a 2007/2008 model). WTF!!!

Something is wrong here. I have raced a couple of S2000s, and it wasn't even a contest. Beat 'em by multiple car lengths pulling away.

Your car has alot done to it though.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I think he should have still beaten that little highway buzzer. Especially with the huge torque advantage he had. my 2c

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Assuming that the following are correct specifications for the two vehicles and that they are in new stock tune:

S2000: HP=237 TQ=162 WT=2850*

Bullitt: HP=275 TQ=305 WT=3250*

Resulting quarter mile times based on WT and HP:

S2000: 13.34529

Bullitt: 13.26822

*from Car and Driver Web site for current 2008 model.

I don't think the Bullitt would have owned that ricer, however I would think that the bullitt would have done much better due to the superior torque/pound wt. ratio. And we all know that torque takes you there, and horsepower keeps you there. The Honda is definitely low on torques output, but its a rev free engine. The Bullitt is typical American iron, it's likes the bottom end. So, IMHO he could own you if your not quick on the take off or grabbing another gear for using the torque which is the Mustangs' territory.

I computed these numbers using our Archieve-Reference-Calculator->QuarterMile times for Horsepower Calculator page. Your results may vary...
Armchair racing....:shock: .

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Shifting wasn't an issue, just a bad launch, so just keep that in mind. Hitting about 5750 RPMs before shifting, but as I said, I'm pretty sure it was just my launch.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
DiZzyBonne said:
Shifting wasn't an issue, just a bad launch, so just keep that in mind. Hitting about 5750 RPMs before shifting, but as I said, I'm pretty sure it was just my launch.
Like I said"Armchair racing"...

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
True :p. I could of lost worse if it was from a dig. I'm not the best launcher, I usually get tire spin from 1st all the way through the end of 2nd gear.

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
Just takes a little practice....you will do better next time:clap2:....i have had my car going on 3 years...never even been challenged:eek:...no ricers(waste of gas)..no vettes(no big deal).... no nothing:lol:

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Good think you didn't run into one of these. That wing must be adding at least 50+HP to the Honda S2000-CR :wink: :grin:

Same specs as the "normal" S2000 but that wing (*) must add SOME weight!

2008 S2000-CR: HP=237 TQ=162 WT=2850*

I hate ranting on these foreign cars but when the costs are these:

S2000 $34,300
S2000 CR $36,300
$37,300 with AC and Audio

....why not buy American like a Mustang GT or any Amercian muscle or sports car. I don't get it. And people wonder why the economy sucks. Well it sucks because everyone is buying Toyota's, Honda's, and now Kia's for god's sale. Geesh!

My rant is over! :grin:

PS Don't buy Citgo gas (now its over)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
SmokinBullitt said:
Good think you didn't run into one of these. That wing must be adding at least 50+HP to the Honda S2000-CR :wink: :grin:

S2000 $34,300
S2000 CR $36,300

....why not buy American like a Mustang GT or any Amercian muscle or sports car. I don't get it. And people wonder why the economy sucks. Well it sucks because everyone is buying Toyota's, Honda's, and now Kia's for god's sale. Geesh!

PS Don't buy Citgo gas (now its over)

I didnt know those little ricer cars cost that mucH!!:eek:

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
SmokinBullitt said:

S2000 $34,300
S2000 CR $36,300

First I'd like the say that these foreign cars are not ricers or crap. they may be in the 30k range but again, im pretty sure they will out last and out MPG our cars (i still love me BULLITT)

People are buying toyotas hondas and kias because lets face it, look at gas prices. people are trying to get the best MPG to not loose all their money to gas.

you say the the S2000 and S2000-CS is the same car with the same #s. well lets take a look at the BULLITT for a moment shall we. only 15 more hp over a stock GT, but we got a better suspention and variouse other none hp increasing items. the same is with the Club Sport s2000, its the regular
s2000 but with better suspention and areodynamics.

now if you want to rant on "ricers", people who put huge wings on there car that do nothing or put ugly un-painted body kits on their car thats fine. but people who buy roadsters like the S2000 are car guys not ricers IMHO.

SmokinBullitt said:
Cute

1 - 15 of 15 Posts