Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure how much of a senseative subject this is but. How could I turn 'MY' Bullitt into a 4V motor? I know that we have something of a rare car, but man I realy want a 4V motor. I know that the heads, intake,and timing cover have to be changed, but is there anything els? Please don't ride me like I'm sea-biscut for asking this ok. If you have any info, please post it.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
quite a few bullitt owners swaped in a 4v... i know one member BC swaped in a turbo'd 4v.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Just out of curiosity, do you meaning keeping the SAME engine but turning it into a 4V engine vs the 2V which it is?

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
I've seen people take 4v heads and put them on the stock motor, but you need conversion brackets between the intake and the heads in order for the bullitt intake to work with the 4v heads.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just out of curiosity, do you meaning keeping the SAME engine but turning it into a 4V engine vs the 2V which it is?
Yes. I want to keep my motor that I have in the car, and make it a 4V motor.
Would this require me to remove the engine from the engine bay?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've seen people take 4v heads and put them on the stock motor, but you need conversion brackets between the intake and the heads in order for the bullitt intake to work with the 4v heads.
For Real? I guess that if that could work I would keep the intake, but wouldn't it be better if I used a Cobra/Mach 1 intake?

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
It would be much easier to drop in a complete 4v.
I would have never done a 4v myself, it was done by the previous owner.
2V's can make as much power as a 4v. I really see no reason knowing what I know now to go to a 4v

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
BC said:
It would be much easier to drop in a complete 4v.
I would have never done a 4v myself, it was done by the previous owner.
2V's can make as much power as a 4v. I really see no reason knowing what I know now to go to a 4v
Yeah thats pretty much what the guy from D.S.S. told me. I asked him a price on a 4v, and he said the 2v would be fine and the only difference is the 4v are nice for like 800+ rwhp.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
2V's can make as much power as a 4v
Isn't that like saying a 4.6 can make as much power as a 427 Cobra Jet? I mean I see what your saying and all, because technicly it can. More agressive cams and ported heas, higher compression ratios, higher octane fule, bigger MAF, timeing advance, and bigger injectors. I realy do see what you are saying, but with 4V head and intake - at least this is what I've been lead to believe- you (the engine) don't have to work as hard to make a decent amount of power in NA form.
And as always please if I am wrong, dead-wrong, close to right please let me know.

·
Registered
152 Posts
The later Cobra 4V has forged pistons rods & crank which was set up to handle boost. But if you stick with N/A then I would think the 2V block would be ok. Would the 99/02 N/A 4 V motor heads be a good swap?? Maybe, they should flow better and you may need to change injectors and the MAF also. The Bullitt intake manifold is the same at the early 4v N/A motors.

As for me I want a "Cammer 5.0"

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
1fstbullitt said:
Isn't that like saying a 4.6 can make as much power as a 427 Cobra Jet? I mean I see what your saying and all, because technicly it can. More agressive cams and ported heas, higher compression ratios, higher octane fule, bigger MAF, timeing advance, and bigger injectors. I realy do see what you are saying, but with 4V head and intake - at least this is what I've been lead to believe- you (the engine) don't have to work as hard to make a decent amount of power in NA form.
And as always please if I am wrong, dead-wrong, close to right please let me know.
Like it was said previously. when your doing 400 to 600 2valves are fine. it is nice when starting to get between 700 and 1,000 to have the 4 valve.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know what you mean. The cammer 5.0 is like the UBER Mod Motor. We have the technology, we can make you better, faster, stronger!!!! said the aftermaket to the little 4.6.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the advice Mr. Bullitt. So how does one go about getting some decent streetable power with an NA Bullitt. You know, without the ubiquitous power adder.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
1fstbullitt said:
I know what you mean. The cammer 5.0 is like the UBER Mod Motor. We have the technology, we can make you better, faster, stronger!!!! said the aftermaket to the little 4.6.
tell that to DoubleJ whos running 12psi and 100 shot of Nitrous on a stock bottom end.

·
Registered
506 Posts
1fstbullitt said:
Thanks for the advice Mr. Bullitt. So how does one go about getting some decent streetable power with an NA Bullitt. You know, without the ubiquitous power adder.

Nitrous.............

·
Registered
506 Posts
But really.....for a N/A app go 4V This is my outlook on it...

4V stock with minor bolt-ons 320hp

2V with heads, cams and bolt-ons get you to the same HP as a stock 4V

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah. I suppose you guys are all right, but I just don't see how buying a whole 4V motor is a more economic move than just buying the individual parts.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts