Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

Want black and gold license plates?

19K views 161 replies 26 participants last post by  pwd72s 
Suzanne put applications in for the black/gold plate that was on her parent's (then hers) long gone '67 coupe. That combo would look good on the Bullitt. She also applied for the blue/gold plate that was on her '76 Cobra which will probably just end up on the garage wall. :lol: Who knows if any will ever happen but kind of fun to play around with it.

Well, Suzanne got a call back from DMV yesterday (Saturday no less!) on her applications. Seems both the plate numbers she applied for are still in the system so can't be reissued. Cool 'cause that means that her two previous Mustangs may still be in existence but bad 'cause we really wanted that '67 number combo for the B. I know you can order sequential plates but we really want to end up with a combo that was originally issued from '67 or '68 and will have to find out if there is some way to pick from a list of "open" plates within that range.

Has anyone else who's applied to this program heard back from the DMV yet?

jim253 said:
Actually, that's a little tricky. I actually have one from them, but we had to have a friend in another state order it and then send it to us, because they won't or can't sell California plates in California. When I go on their website, California doesn't even show up on the list of States. And the plates still aren't street legal...
Yep, I bought my replica exempt plates for the CHP car from him back in '05. They came out good but I had to have them shipped to my sister in Washington.

But the thugs in our beloved state department of justice recently threatened him to stop making any more CA plates (or else what? He's from FL!) and he caved. :mad:

Was washing the Bullitt this morning and came to the conclusion that the black & gold legacy plate would indeed look great on it so I'm joining in! Used the personalized plate configurator on the online order section and confirmed that JJZ2132 is available so just got the legacy plate order form completed and it's ready to go with payment into the mail in the morning. :smile:

Just received this from DMV yesterday, says mine will be ready for pickup in 8-12 weeks.

Hope the DMV offices are less busy than they were when I went in last month to get Suzanne's GT/CS plated. Due to the crush of applicants for the new undocumented persons driver licenses the wait for an appointment no matter which office I chose was almost 4 weeks! :confused:

Driving through SF on Tuesday I encountered my first sequential legacy plates, actually two right in a row waiting at a light. Meh, they'll look best on actual black & gold period vehicles or modern retro styled ones IMO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.