Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I've been reading in the forum for quite a while as a non-Bullitt owner and think it's about time to start looking to find one for myself.

I keep checking craigslist and other websites but so far I haven't seen what I'm looking for, so I wanted to see if people in this forum happen to know if one is for sale.

I'm looking for:
- 2008 or 2009 Bullit
- Highland Green
- great condition and ideally below 40k miles
- as original as possible (definitely no major modifications)
- ideally somewhere in San Francisco / broader NorCal region so that viewing is feasible (but open to other locations too if it's a perfect fit...)

If you happen to know somebody who is looking to sell or know of good websites / dealerships I should keep in mind please just let me know!

Thank you!

=== This is an automatically generated message ===

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome message there.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Hi there, I know you said green and stock....but I have a 10K Black 2009 Bullitt with a Whipple on it here in Atlanta...

Heres the craigslist add with all the details, I have everything to take it back stock, comes with the car.

Immaculate 2009 Mustang Bullitt (black), supercharged, only 10K miles

Good luck on your search, these are great cars!!

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome message there.

·
Premium Member
14,629 Posts
Good luck in your hunt. I'm not overly fond of my '09, but it's depreciated so much over the almost 24,000 miles I've had it I've decided to keep it and try to drive my money out of it. Besides, I gave Mark 1st right of refusal should I decide to sell. I will confess that I wish I'd waited a few years...

·
Premium Member
804 Posts
Hi there, I know you said green and stock....but I have a 10K Black 2009 Bullitt with a Whipple on it here in Atlanta...

Heres the craigslist add with all the details, I have everything to take it back stock, comes with the car.

Immaculate 2009 Mustang Bullitt (black), supercharged, only 10K miles

Good luck on your search, these are great cars!!
^^^Wow, she's a beauty & great price w/those mods...sure she'll sell.^^^

OP, you might have to widen your search. The above ride, even though not your preferred color, would be a fun x-country trek fm GA to CA. Might be too far for your taste, but definitely an adventure ride. After my 1st deal fell through (semi-local, 2-hr trip) I ended up finding one in my home state of MN (8.5-hr trip). While searching CL, there were quite a few nice Bullitt's in AZ, NV, TX. Just need to be patient & flexible...let the right deal come to you. Good luck & let us know when you score the coveted toy.

·
Registered
6,687 Posts
Post a wanted post on bullitt mustangs and friends Facebook page

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^^^Wow, she's a beauty & great price w/those mods...sure she'll sell.^^^

OP, you might have to widen your search. The above ride, even though not your preferred color, would be a fun x-country trek fm GA to CA. Might be too far for your taste, but definitely an adventure ride. After my 1st deal fell through (semi-local, 2-hr trip) I ended up finding one in my home state of MN (8.5-hr trip). While searching CL, there were quite a few nice Bullitt's in AZ, NV, TX. Just need to be patient & flexible...let the right deal come to you. Good luck & let us know when you score the coveted toy.

Yes, I'm definitely open to go broader then NorCal - I don't mind a nice roadtrip, especially when it's with a great new car!
Yes, the mentioned car in GA is definitely interesting but since I'm not in a big rush I'll keep looking for something in green for now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good luck in your hunt. I'm not overly fond of my '09, but it's depreciated so much over the almost 24,000 miles I've had it I've decided to keep it and try to drive my money out of it. Besides, I gave Mark 1st right of refusal should I decide to sell. I will confess that I wish I'd waited a few years...
What are the main reasons for not being too happy with it?

·
Premium Member
14,629 Posts
I wish I could put a finger on that. Maybe because it is such a "compromise" car...it does everything okay, but nothing really well. Also not fond of the excessive use of plastic, the wind whistles, the road noise, etc. But really, perhaps my expectations were too high for the money spent. $30K sure doesn't go as far as it used to. At around 4,000 miles the buyer's remorse set in, and I guess it'll never leave me.

At my age, 73, and considering how little I drive, it's probably the last new car I'll buy...so I guess I'd better get used to it.

Oh, it's a decent car...good car, actually. But I'd never call it a great car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wish I could put a finger on that. Maybe because it is such a "compromise" car...it does everything okay, but nothing really well. Also not fond of the excessive use of plastic, the wind whistles, the road noise, etc. But really, perhaps my expectations were too high for the money spent. $30K sure doesn't go as far as it used to. At around 4,000 miles the buyer's remorse set in, and I guess it'll never leave me.

At my age, 73, and considering how little I drive, it's probably the last new car I'll buy...so I guess I'd better get used to it.

Oh, it's a decent car...good car, actually. But I'd never call it a great car.
Thanks for shring your perspective and sorry to hear it's not 100% what you were hoping for.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As I keep researching on various websites (cars.com, autotrader, craigslist) it looks like in many situations the asking price for the very nice low milage (up to ~20k miles) Bullitts (both green and black) is set at $25k by dealers and private sellers...
To me it seems too high - even for a well maintened car. What's your perspective on this? How much do you think they would move down in the negotiation process?

From your perspective, how much more would you value a 10-20k 'mint' car vs. a Bullitt in the 40-50k range assuming my plan is to use it on various weekends and maintain a nice condition but don't keep it stored in a garage as a collector item only.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
I ran across this one. It's registered on the site, not completely stock but for the price/mileage not too shabby. Of course you'll have to go far to get it.

2008 Bullitt Mustang

Or there's this one.
2008 Ford Mustang Bullitt Edition

Or this one.
https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/ctd/5818789642.html

Or this one.
https://potsdam.craigslist.org/cto/5833689928.html

Or this one.
2008 Mustang GT Bullitt

Or this one.
2008 Ford Mustang Highland Green Sweet deal!!!!

Or this one.
2008 Mustang Bullitt Green Mcqueen

Or this one.
2009 Bullitt Mustang

Last one!
2008 Ford Mustang GT Bullitt

There are several more out there but none in CA that I ran across that weren't black. There are quite a bit of them for sale across the US currently and several in the links above in great low mileage condition. It all depends on what you're willing to do to get one. Of course you could just sit tight and wait for one to pop up near you too. Hope this helps!

·
Premium Member
14,629 Posts
More info, Luke...the '09's are essentially left over '08's...but they are rare, numbers wise...something like 635 in Green and less than 200 in black. Mechanically, no differences to worry about.

·
Premium Member
4,214 Posts
More info, Luke...the '09's are essentially left over '08's...but they are rare, numbers wise...something like 635 in Green and less than 200 in black. Mechanically, no differences to worry about.
IIRC, the 09s were well equipped with options made standard like HID headlights, sat nav radio, etc.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks a lot for all the insights and options. As I would like to be able to drive the car back to San Francisco in one weekend I've prioritized the following options for now:

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/5823757436.html

http://reno.craigslist.org/cto/5790704016.html

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/ctd/5836808004.html

Plus a another black 2008 with 36k miles, 1 owner, very clean and well maintained based on the pictures for $18,000 asking price

Any thoughts on this selection? How would you evaluate them against each other to come closer to a decision (I won't be able to view all of them in person since the closest option - the black one for 18k $ - is already 2 hours away)?

·
Premium Member
14,629 Posts
Yes, my '09 came with HID lights, ambient lighting, security option (alarm & wheel locks), and satellite radio. I actually had to send Sirius a registered letter to stop bothering me about renewing. Glad I never gave them a card number. Ambient lighting an annoyance to me...I turn it on by accident too often. On April 30 2009, I paid exactly $30,075 out the door...

So, looking at the ads Ace posted, maybe mine hasn't depreciated as much as I thought. Bullitts must have a higher resale value than a GT?

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Hello Luke, I hope you find what you are looking for.

I purchased my 08 new and the main reason was the Green color. My wife has always owned some type of Mustang (she current drive a '10). Her favorite color was Dark Green so I had told the salesman at our local dealership that when Ford made another Dark Green GT, I wanted one. In 08, I went to the dealership for an oil change and went into the showroom and sitting there was a dark green Mustang, the Bullitt. After a test drive and discussion with salesman, I asked how much (I had looked up the prices online and checked this site to determine how much other were paying) and the salesman came back with a price way under MSRP and almost invoice. SOLD.

What I found out later, that the Highland Green color on a Mustang is limited to the Bullitt. That is why I could never find one. So if you want a dark green Mustang, then it has to be a Bullitt.

We have had our Bullitt for almost 9 year now and still love the car. It is not the fastest thing out there and not the most comfortable but then again, it is unique and we consider it special. Car has approx. 29K and almost all of them used for road trips including several Nationals. (BTW if you get a Bullitt plan on attending a Bullitt Nationals event.) I have managed to avoid the performance MOD bug but is isn't easy. Overall this car is a keeper. Most likely will remain with us the for the rest of our lives. Along side of my first new car (1970 Nova SS) and wife's first new car (1972 Plymouth Duster).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks again for your help and pointing out some options.
Great news is that I've been able to find a nice DHG 2008 Bullitt with low milage and will pick it up end of next week! Will provide further details once I have it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts