Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the title says. I'm wanting to replace my headlight lenses and not sure what brand is the best to go with, any thoughts? I definately want the clear signal lenses but am undeciced on smoked or clear. Thanks in advance for your help guys.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
good infor guys. I had a bit of trouble with them in the past but I may give them another shot. Plus, the 5% discount sounds nice, what do you have to do to get the discount? What do you think, the smoked or clear?

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
critter said:
good infor guys. I had a bit of trouble with them in the past but I may give them another shot. Plus, the 5% discount sounds nice, what do you have to do to get the discount? What do you think, the smoked or clear?
Smoked is the lense, clear is the side markers, so you would be getting both. I believe when you call them, tell them your a member of www.IMBOC.com but PM B-Man (mike) first cause there might be other things you need to do or say.

·
Registered
453 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow.....That's pretty cheap. Seems I heard somewhere that Blue Oval had a bad reputation but honestly I have never dealt with them or know anything about them. I'm assuming your pleased with them. Can anyone else share experiences with Blue Oval?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Rare Pony said:
I just bought headlights and the 3rd brakelight at Blue Oval Industries in Virginia. The headlights are smoked and the pair is on sale for $124.95. http://www.blueovalindustries.com/products.php?pid=99011311
The 3rd Brake Light is Ford OEM and cost $79.95. http://www.blueovalindustries.com/products.php?pid=485

I have bought from them several times for my other stangs. Great place!

The headlights are they ford or reproduction? And if they are repro how do they fit?

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
critter said:
Wow.....That's pretty cheap. Seems I heard somewhere that Blue Oval had a bad reputation but honestly I have never dealt with them or know anything about them. I'm assuming your pleased with them. Can anyone else share experiences with Blue Oval?
I got my fog lights and switch from them. I didn't have any issues.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
pnut said:
How is the fit on the lenses from BlueOval and AmericanMuscle?
The fogs from blue oval are perfect. I'm not sure about the headlights. i wonder too cause there was a cobra at a show about 2 years ago that the front headlights were in but the weather striping did not meet with the fenders.

·
Charles
13,300 Posts
I have the lights from AM. They are smoked with the clear corner instead of amber. They will accumulate condensation inside from time to time if you do not follow the instruction that AM has online. It calls for baking in the oven at low temp to soften the seal and adding soem RTV. I did not do this. I think this may be hit or miss with any of the aftermarket lights. The fit was very good though. See my sig pic.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I had the blueoval ones on mine for awhile and they were fine with stock bulbs but were not very good at focusing HID bubls. I have since gone with Projectors and have the blueoval ones with silverstar bulbs standing by for backup!

·
Registered
453 Posts
54deuce said:
The headlights are they ford or reproduction? And if they are repro how do they fit?
They are reproduction and had made in China stickers on them, but they really look great and were easy to install, just like the originals. Fit fine, no gaps. They even came with bulbs. I have not upgraded to Silver Star bulbs yet.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
I also bought a pair of the Blue Oval Industry ones. They are Chinese made copies. I had problems getting the bulbs in correctly. No keys or slots in the sockets to properly orient the bulbs. Also found it very hard to aim them. I had to put my old OEM lights back in to get my car through PA state inspection. I will put them back in and try to aim them again next spring when I get DHG 3321 out of winter storage.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
That price (124.95) is about what I paid for mine on Ebay including shipping. They were made overseas as well. Might as well give one of our sponsors our business, I say. For some reason, the driver side has always hazed up before the passenger side. The only thing I can think of is they come from different factories. I don't know.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts