Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
I don't know. I'm poor, so I would just go with the Brembo OE replacements from Autobarn for about $125 a pair shipped. You might even find a $10 coupon floating around.

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Are you past the point where you can have them turned?

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
In all honesty, do the slotted and cross-drill features really have any performance value/enhancement? If money were not an option...

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
magnum347 said:
The Decelarotors listed here are the same ones I put on 2445 not long ago, although at a bit higher price from Summitt (sad to say). I do have to say I love the way they stop, and always remain cool in street driving. I did bookmark the page for the rear set to match for later, though. $225 for the fronts is a really good deal on a great set of rotors!

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
For $20/rotor I've gotten mine machined. I've been told that this can happen when driving a while then encountering rain or puddles. The high heat hitting cold water tends to warp them. Just a thought.

Ichibanbullitt

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MechanicMarc said:
The Decelarotors listed here are the same ones I put on 2445 not long ago, although at a bit higher price from Summitt (sad to say). I do have to say I love the way they stop, and always remain cool in street driving. I did bookmark the page for the rear set to match for later, though. $225 for the fronts is a really good deal on a great set of rotors!
these say for a mach 1, and there arent any bullitt applications on that page. Im confused on which ones will work ones for a 01 cobra or mach 1's, or a standard gt idk :confused:

·
Registered
140 Posts
the drilled roters are "more"prone to cracks, their ia A SLOTED GAS RELIVED rotor out their so for peice of mind the brembo solid stock replacment are the higest quality , but I do use the bare decelroters front and rear and I am running Ziegin 5r 18" weels so alot of the rotor is exposed and I only have28K on her.

·
Registered
117 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
JediBullitt said:
Mach 1 rotors will work for a bullitt ? or do i need to look up 01 cobra rotors thanks im confused
Don't be. Remember that Ford was nice enough to grace us Bullitt owners and Mach 1 owners with Cobra brakes. Same 13" fornt vented rotor, same 2 piston PBR caliper (ours have the best paint job :wink:), same ABS/traction control. In the rear, the upgrade was minor, but the rear brakes are different than standard GT.

I have found that when looking for brake parts for our cars, I tell people or web sites that I have an '01 Cobra. Simple, quick, and they don't look at you like "What's a Bullitt?"

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.