Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

Warranty interesting reading

709 views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  barry bullitt 
#1 ·
I was over in BON and saw this warranty adviser. Plaese read it does answer some questions
http://www.bonforums.com/contacts/contacts_fordwarranty.htm

jjrocks
Blk Bullitt #2754
Jim

PS of course I would never race my 13.9 sec car

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jjrocks on 2001-11-15 20:33 ]</font>

#3 ·
And the point? It only states that Ford parts that fail due to the installation of non-Ford parts won't be covered. As for racing how will the know. Although they've tried to develop and install black boxes similar to airliners, they'll never know that you were racing, using as a power source, etc. unless they see you doing it or you tell them. I would also imagine racing is defined as USAC sanctioned events.

#4 ·
Just don't make the dumb mistake my buddy did with his Stang. He was racing it at the track and majorly screwed up the engine. Took it into the dealer to get it fixed under warranty, and lo and behold, they found his time slips inside the car. They said, "sorry buddy, we see's you been racin', so's we can't help you." D'oh!

#5 ·
I have a very good friend who is the service supervisor where I bought my Bullitt. He told me that if you make the mods after the basic 3 year warranty runs out the rest is still covered no matter what. For instance my warranty was extended to 7 years total (by the help of my friend and low mileage driving). After the first three he said I could make changes and the extension would cover everything. In any case I would not perform any mods that were not totally good fits and mesh well with things. All else is asking for trouble.

#8 ·
I believe it means a sanctioned race event. Your auto insurance is void also if you read the fine print. Modifications that a lot of my fellow Bullitteers are making jeopardizes the waranty and I'm sure most of them know it. I guess it's a risk they're willing to take.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: barry bullitt on 2001-11-16 17:11 ]</font>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.