Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...about why Ford can't follow in the footsteps of Daimler-Chrysler and just put out SVT versions of the normal cars like SRT does. I was checking out the SRT Grand Cherokee in Columbus at teh Auto Show the other night and thought of the Shelby Expedition from SEMA back in 2004. Why can't Ford take the 5.4 and put some Ford Racing part (power pack and/or drag pack) on it and free up some ponies on a 2 wheel drive platform with some wider rims/tires. They could just use their tried and true habit of stealing from the parts bins of other Ford vehicles if necessary to keep costs down and make it happen. Of course Olivia LOVED the SRT Cherokee. :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
I guess the factories are thinking more about getting more fuel economy of of these big people haulers,the buyers are demanding it now. I wish the hot rod stuff would go back to the cars...where it belongs. Maybe one day the old light bulb will go off in someones head that cheap performance might sell again!

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
We went to the Auto Show in Dallas this week. Great idea Cam. But did you look at the price on those cars??? 40K plus. The days of affordable muscle cars are long gone... SRT 4, 8s are also being sold with ADMs... Wonder where Ford dealers got that idea? Even a good RT or Daytona is in the 35K range. Don't know about everyone else but I couldn't afford a $900 a month car payment. A real shame.

Only thing left to do is buy a V6 and twin turbo it. For under the price of a GT you get well over 350 HP. Even in the MKX Lincoln concept there is a 370HP twin turbo V6.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Or buy used in couple years and hope it hasn't been to badly beat

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Just my expierence..... The fun 20's...30's....40's, bought some nice new Detroit muscle cars. Now in my 50's....doomed to used and abused,if I want new Detroit muscle!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts