Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out for lunch today and decided to have the car washed at a full service Car Wash. Anyway, as soon as I drive up the Bullitt IMMEDIATELY drew the attention of everyone, well not the 70 year old dude getting his P/U washed nor the HOT female behind the counter, but everyone else. The detail guys began asking questions. Was it stock? How strong is it? Was I going to mod it? How long have I had it? Etc.... I finally break away and get inside to pay the bill. Then I am asked even more questions from three guys getting their cars cleaned. Same questions as outside, but this one guy starts talking about a blower he has on his 95 Chevy P/U. We talk more on the mechanicals and he compliments me on the Bullitt.

I've never had a car that got anywhere close to this amount of attention from strangers.

BTW, there were 2 really nice modded P/Us, 1 Ricer and a Vette in the detail area, yet no one was looking at them.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Yeah Karl, we wash our cars down here more often than we bath ourselves. :smile:

Just messin' with ya. I'm with you, I would not take mine through a car wash to give anyone the excuse to get behind the wheel. It's a felony offense for anyone to get behind the wheel of my Bullitt.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, it just too DAMNNNN cold for me to wash it by hand. It must be in the low 50s. Brrrrr.......

Just kidding, my son and I are batching it this weekend and don't want him playing in the water, he is only 2 YO. Would catch HELLLLL from the "warden" if he catches cold.

I was concerned about the clearance issues, but this is a new car wash and I visually measured the height of everything and all appeared to be well. The only clearance issues dealt with the rails that pull/push the car. Other than this the area was void of issues. When the car was going through the wash it appeared that there was adequate space on all concerned areas. I've been to others in the Austin area and know that the flaps won't clear the rails. The rails were wide enough to not touch the rims. It is a really nice setup for low profile tires.

·
Registered
348 Posts
remember my previous post!!!

OK - first thing is don't harass me for using the car wash. It was pretty darn cold here this week.

Second thing - when you go - keep your doors locked!!

Fortunately I was in a stay-in-your-car drive through. The first soapy finger thing lifted my door handle and started sucking the door open!!!!

I managed to wrestle the darn door back from the machine and got it closed without any water getting in, but I'll tell you!

I can't imagine how bad it could have been at the other place - where you get to walk along inside and watch your car go through - doors wide open and all!!!!

Happy new year

1 - 4 of 4 Posts