Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just spent the last couple of hours washing my car. It seems to be mosquito and dragonfly season here in the Houston area. After picking dragonfly parts and heads out of my grill, radiator, engine, paint, windows, wrapped around antennae, etc. I am bushed. I am beginning to think the look of dragonfly heads stuck in the grill gives the car a kind of menacing look (well it probably looks menacing to dragonflies).

Yes you are right I am bored, guess I will go put the 100mm Densecharger on.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I am thinking about the 100mm densecharger as well....what are your expectations regarding performance increases?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also have the alum. driveshaft and a set of Steeda underdrive pulleys to put on the car. I don't think any one item is going to knock my socks off but I think these three and maybe a set of x-pipes will give the car a noticeable boost.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Paul, let us know how the Densecharger works out and how the istallantion was. I was considering this as my first mod, instead of just buying a K&N.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The DenseCharger is in, piece of cake. Much easier than some of the other CAI's to install. I took it for a relatively active drive right after the install, does seem to make a difference, although I think some of that is the result of standing in the Houston heat and being eaten by mosquitoes. I am currently running it in the down position but I will probably adjust it to the up position to see how that works.

I put it on without even putting the car up on ramps because I am going to take it back off in a few days, put the alum. driveshaft on and the underdrive pulleys and then get it dynoed. I had thought I would only test the fitment of the pieces but it was so easy I went ahead and finished it up. No driveability issues at all even though I did take the power off the 'brain' so it would re-tune.

The only hint I could think of at this time would be to use liquid soap on the pieces to make them slide on a little easier. Of course now I get soap bubbles out the exhaust whenever I powershift from 2nd to 3rd. :smile: Just kidding.

Write if you have any questions.

·
Registered
721 Posts
In regard to the underdrive pulleys, these Bullitt engines allredy have underdrive pulleys from the factory. (According to Oct. Hot Rod Magazine). Am I wrong? If these are in fact underdrive's from the factory, the new Steeda's may give a very insignificant amount of power boost to these Bullitt 4.6's

·
Registered
204 Posts
I use a spray made by Honda to clean the bugs and gunk off the car. I originally bought it for use on my motorcycle, but found it works GREAT on the car too. It's called Pro Honda Spray Cleaner & Polish and can be found at any motorcycle shop and probably most automotive as well but am not sure. It not only cleans but leaves a small coat of wax as well. Makes the next stop a breeze cleaning bugs off. It can be used on virtually any part of the car and makes the tires look good when you're in a pinch to shine them up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts