Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe I am just a bit to picky but is anyone else aggrevated with the way that the Honeycomb inside the hood scoop holds on to the water and then drips it down the hood for like 30 minutes? I litteraly sit out there till it is done dripping wiping off the drips. I really hate that! :roll:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hi! Glad I am not the only one! I have an air compressor and after washing the car I take a blower nozzle and blow into the honeycombs and around the base of the scoop. I thought that I had it beat. But even after the car sat for an hour as soon as you reach speed the water blows back out,somewhere inside the scoop there must be a pocket. So now I carry a small hand towel and pull over in a safe place to wipe it off! This is a hard car to keep clean,but worth the effort!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Hydraulics, the engineering class, Rule No.1. - Fluids flow downhill.

I park mine with the nose pointed toward the street, downhill, when I wash mine. This doesn't eliminate the process, but speeds it up considerably. One of those Olympic diver, supertowels does the rest.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TXBullitt on 2001-07-08 12:42 ]</font>

·
Registered
163 Posts
I also park down hill and use a super dryer towel to suck the water out of the honeycombs.

Then I let the car sit in the sun for a few hours until all the water under the scoop evaporates and then dry it.

Works for me.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I have actually tried all of those things but the water still seems to hide. UGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH water spots!

·
Registered
126 Posts
omg!!! i know wat u mean, every friday i take it 2 the local car show, i was the car, and go 4 gas or whatever, but i always need 2 have my shammy to get that excess water of the hood, i dnt want the sun 2 dry it, cause in florida its hot and the water dries like that, it is such a pain in the neck

·
Registered
899 Posts
Try this for the runny nose/hood scoop, it works for me:

After the wash, place a dry towel up against the scoop honeycomb, then gently lift the front lip of the scoop. The honeycomb will also lift a little and the water will come running out. No more streaks on my hood....

Rarecat

·
Registered
663 Posts
I just wash my Bullitt like normal, and have a great reason for a speed run when I'm done. Or at least that's what I tell my wife "I'm just trying to get the water out of the scoop." She couldn't be too mad, she hasn't passed up a ride yet!

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
But even on a speed run I stll get a ton of water out of the scoop!!!! I mean cruising at 75-80 for about 5 miles and as soon as I slow down more comes runig out! Frustrating!
Cam

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ok everyone here is a Dr Bullitt detail tip:

Use a small electric yard and leaf blower.
Have been doing this for eons. Yes...its called "Blow Drying". Its the best technique for getting ANY water out of any crevice. It's safe and should be a part of any beauty treatment.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I just pop open the hood and let it run out of the back and at the same time I get to admire that nice engine and clean the inside of the hood seems to work pretty good

Thanx Havgun #1676

·
Registered
224 Posts
I just stick a towel up against it while I dry the rest, it looks like it has a bloody nose. I also noticed water seems to collect in the drainage area around the trunk, especially when it's parked with the nose downhill. I normally pop the trunk and dry around it.

I used Eagle one wipe and shine (I think that's the name) after washing last time. It really got rid of any spots, and was very easy to apply. MUCH easier than waxing every time I wash. It gave it a nice pretty shine.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,029 Posts
Havgun, the water runs out the back? How? It is sealed back there, or does it run to the engine compartment? :???:

·
Registered
396 Posts
I've been using my leaf blower for years now and do this also to dry my Bullitt after a washing. I bought a leaf blower just for my cars....no yard work! and it blows the water out of every crack, including the hood scoop. Also no water streaks anywhere.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I get a spare towl or chamois (sp?) and stick it in the scoop as well. But I let it sit there for a couple hours if I can. Actually, I usually wash it in the evenings cuz otherwise it spots before I can dry it, so I leave the towel in there overnight.

Also have water run out of the rear quarter windows and the side mirrors.

For the trunk, everyone beware..that'll be where the cars rust out eventually if neglected. Water really puddles up back there.

I'll have to try the blow drying trick, never thought of that.

I got some really bad water spots one time, I mean REALLY bad, from some sprinklers. I tried every non-abrasive product I could think of, and even the clay bar didn't do the job completely. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
260 Posts
I get it washed at the local car wash and then have the guy with the compressed air, blow all the excess out. Then, I take it for a fast spin around the block and come back. Still! water drips on it so I have the guy do it again and I always end up with streaks. I live with it considering I wash it twice a week sometimes. Its worth it anyway. he he

·
Registered
825 Posts
I WASH MINE AT THE MOBIL NO TOUCH CAR WASH, JUMP ON THE FREEWAY HIT ABOUT 90. THEN I GET OFF AT THE NEXT EXIT. DO A QUICK DRY WITH THE "ABSORBER" YOU DON'T HAVE TO GET EVERY WATER SPOT BCAUSE TO NEXT STAGE TAKES CARE OF THAT. APPLY "SUPER GLAZE" BY THE WAX SHOP. IT GOES ON EASY AND COMES OFF EASY. WHEN YOU GO FOR YOUR NEXT DRIVE AND THE WATER DRIPS DOWN THE HOOD,JUST WIPE CLEAN. NO WATER SPOTS BECAUSE OF THE WAX! (BLACK)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Washed mine this afternoon, put the hood up after drying. Came back 15 miutes later and all the water was gone from the scoop.

Gravity is a good thing!

·
Registered
467 Posts
To get out really bad spots and swirl marks.
Ive started to use the meguires profesional fine cut cleaner and a foam pad on the buffer. you can check out tips on meguires site. Look at the clinic in the go to window. You don't need to sand but there instructions on how to remove the sand marks apply.
http://www.meguiars.com/CarRx.cfm
they have great tips

jjrocks
Blk Bullitt #2754
Jim

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jjrocks on 2001-11-16 20:52 ]</font>

1 - 20 of 29 Posts