Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is Greg and I wash, polish and wax my cars.
Hi Greg!
Today, I washed our Escape, Mustang Pony, Five Hundred and the Bullitt. I also waxed the Five Hundred and polished the Bullitt.
Is the washing and waxing/polishing of cars going the way of the 8 track? On my street, out of about 20+ houses, I seem to be the only person that regularly washes their cars. I'm definitely the only one who waxes/polishes their cars on a regular basis. I see this as a dying trend. My neighbor, who recently moved, use to detail his Harley, but that's about it. Does any one notice the same trend?

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
A couple of my neighbors wash their cars. No wax that I have seen.
I think most of them use a car wash.........or not.

H

·
0 Posts
I take mine down the street to All American and let them wash it.

I do the waxing and interior detailing myself.

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
Hi Greg, David and Jack! :lol:

I am one of two dudes on our street (that I know of) that washes and waxes their own vehicles...Bullitt and Crown Victoria Police Interceptor. The other dude is a Porsche 911 owner/racer. We get in fist fights over which detailing products are better. I will admit that I take my Crown Victoria Police Interceptor to the local car wash occasionally but I do all the waxing/polishing.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Washing the cars is therapy for me. I drive the 98GT and the Bullitt about every other week and often wash and sometimes wax after the drive. I also wash the Tarus (daily driver) and my wife's minivan (Mazda) weekly. Also wash my daughter's CRV about every other week. Wash my mother-in-law's Buick about every 3rd week. Hmmmm...... starting to see where my time is going. As far as washing and waxing the Bullitt and the 98GT goes, I would not let anyone else touch them. :shock:

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
Nobody but NOBODY touches my Bullitt.

I washed it once in 2003 other than that it does not get dirty so I dont have to clean it

·
Registered
656 Posts
dennisbaker said:
Washing the cars is therapy for me.
Ditto! I don't let anyone touch my vehicles. I wash my F150 every week and the Bullitt every 2 weeks. I wax both twice a year but polish a few times between waxes. I have 2 neighbors who wash their cars as often as I do mine. One has a Mercedes SLK 350 Roadster and the other has a Toyota Sequoia & Nissan 350Z. They pay me to wax/polish their cars when needed.
I have several neighbors asking me to do their cars but when I tell them my price they back off. They want their cars to look like mine but aren't willing to pay for it. I'm easy but I'm not cheap! :wink:

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
I use the California Duster every day, so I only wash and wax a few times a year. That is unless I get stuck up a dirt road, which happens on occassion.(sp?)

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
How often do you guys wax them? I wash mine as often as I can since I live right by a dirt road, but here lately it rains at least every other week for a couple days or more. The first time I've waxed it was at the Nat's with some Eagle one wax as you dry stuff. It actually looks pretty nice, alot better than what I expected. The old wax that was on it from a year ago still had a nice deep shine to it, but the water wasn't beading as much as it used to. Is once a year enough, every 6 months maybe? Is there such a thing as too much waxing? With this wax as you dry stuff it doesn't require any more effort than any other time that I wash it since I always hand dry anyway.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
I use Zaino every 2-3 months.
You can actually put as many coats on as often as you want but, I`m semi lazy.

·
Registered
312 Posts
The only ones I see washing on my block are my brother across the street and my next door neighbor. I'm out there the most by far and I've never seen anyone break out the wax, including my brother. He says he'll start waxing when he gets his Corvette, so I expect that'll be when his son goes to high school. He's three months old.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
I washed our Bullitt about two weeks ago, I will never wash it again.

·
Registered
656 Posts
itsabullitt said:
How often do you guys wax them? I wash mine as often as I can since I live right by a dirt road, but here lately it rains at least every other week for a couple days or more. The first time I've waxed it was at the Nat's with some Eagle one wax as you dry stuff. It actually looks pretty nice, alot better than what I expected. The old wax that was on it from a year ago still had a nice deep shine to it, but the water wasn't beading as much as it used to. Is once a year enough, every 6 months maybe? Is there such a thing as too much waxing? With this wax as you dry stuff it doesn't require any more effort than any other time that I wash it since I always hand dry anyway.
Twice a year is more than enough in most cases. You should use a good polish in between waxings. I wax just before spring and again just before winter usually around April and again Sept/Oct. Also after I wash I use Mothers Showtime, its a great detail spray.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts