Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going a see the
BlueJax play the St.Louis Blues at Nationwide Arena Tuesday. Entering the parking structure, I heard a loud scccccrappeeeee as I turned into the drive to pay the parking. 3 things were wrong here. 1. I wasn't paying full attention going into the turn, going for my money. 2.that curb is about 14 inches high. 3. real tight radius turn going into the booth. I jumped out of the Bullitt thinking the worst. Lucky for me the built in mud flap got barked a little. I took it off when I got home and scraped out the groove marks with a utility knife. A little black touch up paint and you just can't tell. If I went a little further, it would of been lights out. BE CAREFUL OUT THERE! CURB THOSE CURBS! #2037

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-11-19 13:27 ]</font>

·
Registered
444 Posts
Too Late! :sad:

I just messed up both of my Mud flaps two days ago. It was late and there was no lighting. I saw a Speed bump but didn't realize that it was made so purely. I rolled over it slowly but It hit and hit hard.

I'm tempted of calling the building owners for such a terrible setup in the lot.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I ran over one of those yellow parking blocks in a hotel lot during a dusky rain storm. Bounced the car riight off one of the subframe connectors. They are stronger than they appear I am happy to report.. :razz:

Brian

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
As long as we're being anal here, ask passengers to be careful when opening up the door while parked next to a curb. I've noticed that the doors scrape easily because the car sits lower than most.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Yep, it sits lower.

And boy do those rims stick out further too! )-:

I scraped my right front pretty good one day and have been paranoid ever since.

Anybody got tips for ways to dress up goofs like this on wheels?

·
Registered
444 Posts
It's too late for you now, but I know Michelen (sp?) has the Pilot Sport with a rim Guard. I'm planning on Replacing the stock good years with a set of those or a Set of Pirrelli P-zero Rossa's Someone told me those too have the rimguard. Ever since I've scraped the bottom of the Mudflaps and rims (on the same weekend mind you) I am now more careful (PARANOID) than ever with the car.

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
My little mishap was a decpetively deep puddle hiding a large pothole in a parking lot at an Italian restaraunt in Orland Park. The puddle was way to wide to straddle and there were people behind me so I couldn't back up.. Oh well.. it's just a little puddle.. I was more concerned because I had just washed the car and didn't want to go slinging dirty water all over it so I just eased on into it and then.. THUMP!!! SCRAAAAAPE!!!
The driver side front tire bottomed out into this hidden pothole that was deep enough to scrape the hell out of the bottom of the mudflap. It was so loud I though I had actually torn the thing off. It took a little clean-up work when I got home to get all the plastic bits off and looking decent once again. But it was on the bottom of the flap so there is no visible damage.

2001 DHG Bullitt #171

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blakwing on 2001-11-19 08:51 ]</font>

·
Registered
509 Posts
If you wanna have some fun with speed bumps, especially new ones, pull the rear wheels just up to them (before you go over) rev up to 2500 rpm and burn thru them. They really break up nice. Don't use the Bullitt, but another vehicle. I use my diesel F-250 in creeper gear. Really spins nice and man the 400 ft lbs of torque really destroys the bump, especially with my mud-terrain tires.

If you mess your Bullitt up on a bump, it's worth going back and taking "revenge"!

·
Registered
959 Posts
schmedlap.. right on brother. Kill a speed bump..save a Bullitt mud flap!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have scuffed up both of my mud flaps now. One on the edge of my drivway and the other on a hay bail (don't ask). Good news is that they are both fixed now.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I went over a long speed bump,probably 3 feet long and as wide as the road.Thought I took the mufflers off.I did talk to the building engineer (spelling?) and the bumps will stay.I did however explain to him what would happen if I knock my mufflers off in his parking lot.(use your imagination and my FOOT) :smile:

·
Registered
260 Posts
My girlfriend opened my door to a high curb and slammed my door into it. (you could only imagine my expression) Luckily the body did it for free. PHEW!

·
Registered
151 Posts
I had to replace one of my rocker molding. I hit a curb and finished it at a touchless car wash. The little thing you drive over finished breaking it. It cost about $90 to replace and have it painted and put on. So be careful. It looks the same though.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I had to replace one of my rocker molding. I hit a curb and finished it at a touchless car wash. The little thing you drive over finished breaking it. It cost about $90 to replace and have it painted and put on. So be careful. It looks the same though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts