Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am seeing water puddles (clear) under the area where you see condensation drips from AC being on after parking- funny thing is I haven't run the AC at all. I have not crawled under to see where it is coming from.
Any ideas?

Don

·
Registered
959 Posts
The compressor for the A/C will run when you defrost.

Brian

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Yep, the A/C will come on and off using your climate control. About the only time it doesn't come on is when it's in the "off" position. Mine clicks on and off as well. (something that I don't like)
I'm a bit suprised that when you turn the heat down that it doesn't take in the outside air and mix it with the heat. Using the A/C seems a bit strange. Another reason why MPG isn't too good.

-steve-

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
For heat, I've been cheating. I use "vent" on hot. Warms the car up fine and doesn't engage the power robbing compressor. Free heat!

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
there's a pretty good explanation of how the system works and when the AC comp will kick in detailed in the owner's manual

·
Registered
394 Posts
The A/C kicks on in any of the defrost setting or obviously when using an A/C setting. The reason it kicks on when you select defrost is to take the mositure out of the air and prevent the windows from fogging up entirely.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts