Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

Hi, my name is AVHS Dad. I just posted for the first time here. Please welcome me to IMBOC!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
Welcome from Kansas
The weather here is rain, hail (golf ball to baseball size in some areas)and high winds but no Tornados, so it's a good day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see why garaging is so important out there. We just have to worry about earthquakes out here, which creates a whole different issue with garaging.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29,355 Posts

Welcome to IMBOC the Ultimate Site on the internet for Bullitt Mustang

Owners.

You are going to like being a Member here as the Members are 1st Class

and there is just a Ton of Information here for the asking !!!!!!!!

tigerhonaker
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks all. I'm looking to change my Mustangless status soon. More about that later.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
My Story

I hit 50 a few months ago and my wife and I decided it was time for my mid-life crisis car. Our now 17 year old son will get the 2000 Infiniti QX4 I've been driving which has about 150K miles but drives and looks like 20K. The first thing I decided I wanted in this car was a V8 rumble. Looking around, the only such cars that looked like real cars to me were the 2008-2009 Mustang GT's (I don't think the 2010's were out yet). I talked to a dealer and kept my eyes open but didn't feel the prices were quite there yet. Then I saw a dealer ad one weekend that included a 2008 Mustang Bullitt for $24,988. Bullitt? What's that? Did some research and really liked what I found. Understated on the outside, beefy on the inside, and the Steve McQueen/Bullitt mystique. Of course by the time I called the dealer, the car was gone. But at least I now know what I want. This will be my "commute" car, but since I drive about 2 miles each way between my BART (metro) station and home, it's not much of a commute. I have no interest in piling up the speeding tickets or putting in any track time. This car will be well cared for and appreciated. All I ask for in return is the rumble, reliability and looks.
There you have it. The search is on!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29,355 Posts
AVHS Dad said:
I hit 50 a few months ago and my wife and I decided it was time for my mid-life crisis car. Our now 17 year old son will get the 2000 Infiniti QX4 I've been driving which has about 150K miles but drives and looks like 20K. The first thing I decided I wanted in this car was a V8 rumble. Looking around, the only such cars that looked like real cars to me were the 2008-2009 Mustang GT's (I don't think the 2010's were out yet). I talked to a dealer and kept my eyes open but didn't feel the prices were quite there yet. Then I saw a dealer ad one weekend that included a 2008 Mustang Bullitt for $24,988. Bullitt? What's that? Did some research and really liked what I found. Understated on the outside, beefy on the inside, and the Steve McQueen/Bullitt mystique. Of course by the time I called the dealer, the car was gone. But at least I now know what I want. This will be my "commute" car, but since I drive about 2 miles each way between my BART (metro) station and home, it's not much of a commute. I have no interest in piling up the speeding tickets or putting in any track time. This car will be well cared for and appreciated. All I ask for in return is the rumble, reliability and looks.
There you have it. The search is on!
Steve,

They are still out there all you have to do is find the right one for YOU !!!!!!!!!!


tigerhonaker
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
tigerhonaker said:
Steve,
They are still out there all you have to do is find the right one for YOU !!!!!!!!!!
tigerhonaker
Looks like I've found it.
2008 dark highland green :dhg08: with 850 miles on it and if it's as described, I'll be driving it to it's new home tomorrow.
More to follow!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29,355 Posts
AVHS Dad said:
Looks like I've found it.
2008 dark highland green :dhg08: with 850 miles on it and if it's as described, I'll be driving it to it's new home tomorrow.
More to follow!
AVHS Dad
aka "Steve"

Congrats and I know you will be Very Happy with such a low mileage Bullitt.


tigerhonaker
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
tigerhonaker said:
AVHS Dad
aka "Steve"
Congrats and I know you will be Very Happy with such a low mileage Bullitt.
tigerhonaker
You are so so so so right!!!!:D
Today 2008 DHG Bullitt #3448 is mine. Dave, who I bought it from today, is a great guy with only one character flaw...he wants a 2010 Camaro. By the time I got home today it was at 1000.2 miles. But what a sweet ride home!!!The car is immaculate!

See the link below for pics.

http://www1.snapfish.com/thumbnails...otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=comcast2/

(hope this works!)


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Terry, GO VOLS!!!
By the way, I'm the guy on the left.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
tigerhonaker said:
Steve,
I wondered which person You were in the Pic :confused: :confused: :confused:
So, you are on the Left ........ The Young Fellow ..........
tigerhonaker
Isn't that what happens when you buy a bullitt?
You get 10 year's younger for each one you buy, but you age 10 years for each one you sell.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top