Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

Hi, my name is Flipflopp. I just posted for the first time here. Please welcome me to IMBOC!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Welcome from the windy city

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys, the story behind my BULLITT purchase was up and down. I started looking at BULLITTS around three months ago and decided to sell my 93 Lx coupe and all my parts to make it a beast last month to get a new mustang. I work for the railroad and planned on using my X-plan if I ended up getting a new vehicle then I had a change of thought. "If I'm going to spend 20 something on a new mustang why not shoot for a used 03-04 Cobra".

So then I started looking for 03 Cobras and found one locally at a dealer used car lot. I test drove it and looked over every inch it and decided on getting it. The car had 60k miles, no warranty, and was $18.5k (what was I thinking). I put a deposit on the car 2 weeks ago from today and called my bank to seal the deal. The bank was slammed and they could not get in me in till after Presidents day Tuesday.

I ended up going home thinking about what I was going to do to personalize my soon to be Cobra from the rest of the ones on the street. Well Sat and Sun passed and Monday morning my cell phone was blowing up. It was the dealer calling. When I answered the phone the salesman informed me, I have bad news. OK what? You sold it? No,the Cobra was stolen off the lot over the weekend.

I was thinking to myself DAMN. That sucks, oh well better them than me right. All the while this HG 08 BULLITT #5718 was sitting at the dealership down the street from where I live and turned out to be the last 08 mustang on the lot. I went over there test drove it a week ago and went home. I did all the numbers at my house with all the rebates and X-plan the sticker price went to $25,262. I ended up spending 4hrs at the dealer Wed and drove off the lot with it for less than I thought.

Original MSRP sticker price $32,915

TTL~~~~~~~~~~~~~~$31,046

After Rebates~~~~~~~$25,796

After a down payment I ended up only financing 20k for it and have been happy so far. I'm at 121mi. HID, SAT, Ambient lighting, Wheel locking kit.

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Welcome !!!!!!!!!!

Flipflopp said:
Thanks for the welcome guys, the story behind my BULLITT purchase was up and down. I started looking at BULLITTS around three months ago and decided to sell my 93 Lx coupe and all my parts to make it a beast last month to get a new mustang. I work for the railroad and planned on using my X-plan if I ended up getting a new vehicle then I had a change of thought. "If I'm going to spend 20 something on a new mustang why not shoot for a used 03-04 Cobra".

So then I started looking for 03 Cobras and found one locally at a dealer used car lot. I test drove it and looked over every inch it and decided on getting it. The car had 60k miles, no warranty, and was $18.5k (what was I thinking). I put a deposit on the car 2 weeks ago from today and called my bank to seal the deal. The bank was slammed and they could not get in me in till after Presidents day Tuesday.

I ended up going home thinking about what I was going to do to personalize my soon to be Cobra from the rest of the ones on the street. Well Sat and Sun passed and Monday morning my cell phone was blowing up. It was the dealer calling. When I answered the phone the salesman informed me, I have bad news. OK what? You sold it? No,the Cobra was stolen off the lot over the weekend.

I was thinking to myself DAMN. That sucks, oh well better them than me right. All the while this HG 08 BULLITT #5718 was sitting at the dealership down the street from where I live and turned out to be the last 08 mustang on the lot. I went over there test drove it a week ago and went home. I did all the numbers at my house with all the rebates and X-plan the sticker price went to $25,262. I ended up spending 4hrs at the dealer Wed and drove off the lot with it for less than I thought.

Original MSRP sticker price $32,915

TTL~~~~~~~~~~~~~~$31,046

After Rebates~~~~~~~$25,796

After a down payment I ended up only financing 20k for it and have been happy so far. I'm at 121mi. HID, SAT, Ambient lighting, Wheel locking kit.
You did alright on the Purchase..........

Welcome to IMBOC .......

I feel sure You will find this Site to be Fun & Very Informative .........

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Welcome Flipflop hope you enjoy the site.Happy motoring.

·
Premium Member
4,215 Posts
tigerhonaker said:
You did alright on the Purchase..........

Welcome to IMBOC .......

I feel sure You will find this Site to be Fun & Very Informative .........
Alright..you did grt,IMO!:clap2:
Thanks for helping one of the Big Three automakers.
Hope you can post pics of your new B with a little of NO city in the bkgrd :dhg08:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
marichardson said:
Alright..you did grt,IMO!:clap2:
Thanks for helping one of the Big Three automakers.
Hope you can post pics of your new B with a little of NO city in the bkgrd :dhg08:
Thanks, I took what I paid and subtracted TT&L and got my BULLITT for $23,517 not bad for a 32.9 sticker price. I was at the dealership for 4hrs working on that deal. I'll get some pics of the BULLITT in the BIG EASY when I get a chance.

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Dittos!

WELCOME!! As the others have said, you got a SUPER DEAL on your BULLITT! CONGRATS!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts