Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i live in palmdale which is in LA county in the high dessert. Its usually Very hot in the summer and Very cold in the winter with very little in between. This year has been abnormal as i was still wearing t-shirts and shorts into the beginning of this month and with basically no transition the temp dropped to low 50's and below. Today we got snow and we NEVER get snow. when it does it doesn't even stick and is slush before it even comes close to the ground. and even then its for maybe an hour and thats it. Today on the other hand there is 9 inches of snow in my yard!!! I had to drive 15 miles to get home today and i did fine until i got to my driveway and got stuck because its nothing but ice and snow lol. at least i didn't have trouble till then. I took some pictures today of my car getting buried. enjoy

my exhaust pipes have blocks of ice around them lol

·
Registered
39 Posts
My daughter lives in Acton, and I assume much of the same there.
When it's hot, its global warming, when it rains its because of global warming, when it snows its because of global warming. I think we are being fooled by those making billions off global warming.
Now go inside so you can get warm!
Great pictures, thanks.
Steve

·
Registered
370 Posts
That is alott of snow for Palmdale! our local Mountains in Santa Barbara just got a dusting on the top peaks.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I live in Canyon Country. During the last rain we had I got P.O.'d when some rainwater dripped off the garage door and onto my trunk because I just washed it.

After looking at your pictures, I guess I'll quit b!tching about it.

My brother-in-law, who I work with, lives in Palmdale and was still stuck at the 14 at 7:00 AM. We work downtown L.A. The news just showed a fatal T/A at Soledad & 14.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol. i wanted to put it into the garage. i feel the same way when something happens right after i wash my car but thats where my car got stuck because of all the ice and snow on my driveway lol. oh and this is very unusual for palmdale. it NEVER snows here.

·
Registered
161 Posts
WOW, we heard about that snow you all got over the past couple days. Just got a bunch of rain down the road in Temecula.

7,020 Posts
dude just hit the slops dude !

DHG#1078 aka Kevin, dude get one of those Cal Poly coeds and go snow boarding in your driveway dude !

stay off the roads but do enjoy that show with that coed !

on your six ... DHG 1005

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
Kevin: You need to build a snowman next to your Bullitt.....At least you got stuck in your driveway and not on the Hwy 14 or Sierra Hwy.....

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pronkie1 said:
Kevin: You need to build a snowman next to your Bullitt.....At least you got stuck in your driveway and not on the Hwy 14 or Sierra Hwy.....
lol ya i hear that. I had to drive 15 miles across town in the middle of the storm doing like 20 at most the whole way. all of my tires are way to wide to have any traction. they just floated on top of all the snow basically and my car was sideways at every start lol. I tried my best to drive in the tracks everyone else left but i could hear my exhaust scraping the piles of snow inbetween the tracks lol. that was the scariest 40 min of my life driving that thing lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.