Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Great and Powerful OZ
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We (webmasters) are just curious if anyone noticed the site being faster since Saturday. We did a few "tweaks" for performance purposes.

It was a bear getting the H pipe and the new rear-end on the server. :smile:

·
Registered
204 Posts
It does seem a bit faster but I thought it was because I repacked the bearings in my CPU and added a highrise manifold to my monitor. :smile: The pages do seem to open faster and respond quicker. However, I have noticed that when you post a response to a topic you are sent back to the first page and not the last page where your response is. Didn't the site used to take you to your response or has it always taken you back to the first page of a multipage topic? I can't remember for sure.

·
Registered
543 Posts
The website always seemed fast to me but I have DSL. I like fast things. When I was younger it was cars, women and computers (not always in that order). Now it is just cars and computers as my wife stands behind me beating me about the head.

John

·
The Great and Powerful OZ
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-10-16 11:31, CoolerKing wrote:
It does seem a bit faster but I thought it was because I repacked the bearings in my CPU and added a highrise manifold to my monitor. :smile: The pages do seem to open faster and respond quicker. However, I have noticed that when you post a response to a topic you are sent back to the first page and not the last page where your response is. Didn't the site used to take you to your response or has it always taken you back to the first page of a multipage topic? I can't remember for sure.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

That is a shortcoming in the software I believe. :sad:

Its been doing that since I can remember (which is as far back as the last patch applied).

·
Registered
721 Posts
I did. I thoght it was MY computer. Should have known better. now I can cram my 2 hrs. a night Bullitt club time into 1 hr. 45 min. :lol:

·
Registered
144 Posts
So are you saying I don't have to worry about trading up on my Commodore 64 after all? That's great! Now back to my Pong game.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Nope, sorry, seems much slower to me. It may have something to do with 18 browsing the site at the same time as me, but definatly slower tonight....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts