Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
stangmanx said:
What are some things we can remove or replace to reduce weight.
The passenger!

At the strip most people pull the spare and jack.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
How extreme do you want to go?

You can start by removing the rear seat (adding a seat delete kit for looks) re-locating the battery to the trunk, and ditching the spare tire.

Together these three will reduce overall weight and improve front/rear weight ratio.

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
What about an aluminum or plastic hood held on with pins? Anyone have something like this? How much weight difference?

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
When trying to reduce weight remember--ounces = pounds

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
droopysbullitt said:
I hear ya. The compressor replacement is around $1000 unless you go to the salvage yard and install yourself.
Well, Its not the compressor it just has a leak and any type of AC work is expensive.
AC is one of the few things I chose not to mess with.

·
Registered
656 Posts
rblack4405 said:
When trying to reduce weight remember--ounces = pounds
Then I need to get my fat butt to the gym. My doctor wants me to lose around 768 oz. :lol:

·
Registered
301 Posts
stangmanx said:
Well, Its not the compressor it just has a leak and any type of AC work is expensive.
AC is one of the few things I chose not to mess with.
as much as i like my ac now. the bullitt and the car i had before it didnt have it.. so i went years without ac and i know how you feel its not as bad as everyone thinks once you get used to it. but im spoiled now and probly wouldnt go back.

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td style="" images="" smilies="" icon_cool.gif="" border="0" alt="" title="Cool" smilieid="353" class="statusquo">
stangmanx said:
How about the AC delete kit?
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
droopysbullitt said:
In Houston???:shock:
Texas toaster oven !

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
5111 said:
The passenger!

At the strip most people pull the spare and jack.
I took everything out the trunk and ran a few times. It looked like it was going to rain and I put it all back in
and ran my best time of the day with a full size spare, jack, cool box, and 2 chairs in the trunk.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
DOC1FMF said:
Then I need to get my fat butt to the gym. My doctor wants me to lose around 768 oz. :lol:
:rolling: :rolling:

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
English Bob said:
I took everything out the trunk and ran a few times. It looked like it was going to rain and I put it all back in
and ran my best time of the day with a full size spare, jack, cool box, and 2 chairs in the trunk.
Sometimes I think that the extra weight on the rear will help the launches if your tires aren't sticky or if you are still learning.

·
Registered
258 Posts
you can also remove the balance weight under the diff. expecially if you've changed gear sets. the h-pipe weighs fair bit too, off-road x-pipe reduces it a fair bit. front seats weigh a ton, those can go to race seats with no electric motors. go to a hawker oddyssey dry cell battery (they weight about 8 lbs vs. a 30 lbs traditional battery). stereo, rear seats, lighter wheels, k-member, driveshaft, headers, upper control arms, and so on.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts