Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since weight loss is a good way to improve performance, what items may be fairly easy to remove for some weight reduction? Spare tire and jack are easy no brainers. What else have you all found to remove? Any idea what the back seat weighs? Looking for ideas from those of you which have dabbled at this on the Mustang.

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
How about the spare tire that sits between the driver's seat and the steering wheel? ;)

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Back seat delete, no tail pipes, remove insulation of any type. Maybe radio delete? Depends on how crazy you want to get. Thats all I can think of right now.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
remove passenger seat, empty glove box, center console, remove floor mats, ounces= pounds.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I thought of a few more, Get rid of the a/c, ps, and I think I seen air bag delete some were also, I would say track only for that.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Also when deleting the electrical and comfort items you can also remove the wires with them. These cars today are loaded with wires.

·
Premium Member
18,431 Posts
Bullitt3817 said:
How about the spare tire that sits between the driver's seat and the steering wheel? ;)
That was my first thought. Second thought, no junk food, no beer=less wieght in the car.:lol:

·
Car Whisperer
20,780 Posts
Some suspension components can be replaced with lighter equivalents like aluminum LCA's, tubular sway bars, tubular a-arm/k-member swap, aluminum driveshaft; replace the seats with racing lightweights. Carbon fiber hood. Those are some I can think of for starters.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
DavidMidgley said:
Second thought, no junk food, no beer=less wieght in the car.:lol:
ROFLMAO ... (same can be said for myself). :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
You may want to get a better set of track tires ones with more grip. The last time I weighted the car at the drag strip it came in at 3040 lbs without me in it. That was without the pass seat, rear seat, radio, spare tire and acc., floor mats, floor insulation, trunk mat, and glove and center consul clean with a quarter tank of gas. I could not get traction with my drag radials.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
theHULK said:
You may want to get a better set of track tires ones with more grip. The last time I weighted the car at the drag strip it came in at 3040 lbs without me in it. That was without the pass seat, rear seat, radio, spare tire and acc., floor mats, floor insulation, trunk mat, and glove and center consul clean with a quarter tank of gas. I could not get traction with my drag radials.
And with the track tires, they're usually lighter especially if you go with light weight racing wheels and slicks. Shed some pounds quick just by changing to slicks and skinnies. That's some expensive weight reduction though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts