Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked my car up after having been at th dealer for a week. 92 additional miles were on the odometer. Something is broken or loose in the suspension or engine: while turning at 40+ on a bumpy turn, I'm hearing loud front suspension or engine noise (sounds like a metallic rattling sound, kind of like a "slinky toy" sound; "shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"). Only happens when turning at 40+ MPH (suspension or G-force induced).

Any ideas what is causing this sound?

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
no clue...sorry

·
Registered
117 Posts
If the dealer had my Stang for a week and it had 91 more miles on the odometer, I'd have somebodys ass in a sling ! Try running higher octane gas and see if this helps the noise. If it didnt make the noise before you had it serviced, the techs probably beat the p*ss out of the car and screwed something up. Take it back to the dealer and explain to them whats going on.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I spoke with another Ford dealer today and they said that it's easy to get many miles on a car while trying to find and fix wind noise/rattles, etc. They said it can take a couple of hours, so 92 miles is an hour and a half at 60 miles an hour (approximately).

I went back to the original dealer and they were quite pleasant to deal with. I got their QC guy in the car, took him for a ride, and the car made the sound on a sharp right turn only. The QC guy thinks it's either suspension or power steering related. He's never heard the sound before either.

The good news is that I get to keep my Bullitt until the new transmission arrives. :wink: :smile: :wink: . The transmission has been shipped and should be at the dealer sometime next week.

Even if the car was driven like the red Ferrari in Ferris Bueller's Day Off (when the parking attendants took it for a spin), there's not much you could do about it unless there was clear damage to the vehicle.

I passed a car on full-throttle acceleration, hit some bumpy road, and heard the sound quite loudly. However, I have not heard the sound since. So, perhaps it's something being knocked into and out of whack.

Good thing the Ford QC guy heard the sound. They'll try to fix it when they replace the transmission. I'll post what the problem was when it's known.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts