Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
All,
I'll send out some pics of the Boss Inc. hood. As I mentioned the fit was great and quite an easy install. Todd Rainy from Boss Bullitt was excellent in providing advice for the installation process. The hood has given my 08 a whole new look. Thanks all for the comments and Go Boss Inc.....

Best regards,

·
Registered
29,354 Posts
All,
I'll send out some pics of the Boss Inc. hood. As I mentioned the fit was great and quite an easy install. Todd Rainy from Boss Bullitt was excellent in providing advice for the installation process. The hood has given my 08 a whole new look. Thanks all for the comments and Go Boss Inc.....

Best regards,
Hi Bob,

I hope you do find the time to post some pictures of your New Boss installed hood for all of us.

I would really hate to get rid of my existing Seibon CF hood but the Boss hood would allow me to travel to other states easily.

That I do miss !!!

I would also like to drive to .....

I know people in Canada and it would be really nice to visit them in their Country.

Terry

·
Car Whisperer
20,881 Posts
why can't you travel with your cf hood?

·
Registered
29,354 Posts
why can't you travel with your cf hood?
Tim,

I can if it is not raining.
If I got caught in the rain it would (Flood) my engine compartment.
My Seibon CF hood has Huge Rectangle Openings and Vents to get rid of excessive heat.

Below you can see where I made the cover for closing off the rectangle vent.
I actually did both sides but this picture is just to show as an example of one side.

Below you can see where I made a patch to cover up that Huge Rectangle Opening.

I have since removed them since getting the Bullitt back in late 2015.
There just is simply no-way to actually cover those openings quickly if caught in the rain or worse a storm.
Part of the problem is that as you drive the car it is constantly putting an oil residue under the hood.
So Duct Tape then will not stick !!!
Hood looks terrific on the Bullitt but is certainly not for a DD (Daily Driver) in all kinds of weather.

That's why the New Boss Hood would be an "Excellent" choice for a Bullitt that is actually going to be driven with no concerns over weather conditions during the trip.

Terry

·
Car Whisperer
20,881 Posts
I see how much water could get dumped. sucks, pay all that money for a fair weather only car. having to block them off to keep the rain out defeats the whole purpose in the design of heat extraction. I couldn't do that. I have to have something dependable that I can drive and not worry about what might happen, DD or not, rain can come up at any time. it would have to go for me.

·
Registered
29,354 Posts
I see how much water could get dumped. sucks, pay all that money for a fair weather only car. having to block them off to keep the rain out defeats the whole purpose in the design of heat extraction. I couldn't do that. I have to have something dependable that I can drive and not worry about what might happen, DD or not, rain can come up at any time. it would have to go for me.
Tim,

I see and understand and as I said it definitely is not for a Daily-Driver IMO.

It is a looker for sure and that's one reason I went for it plus it's functionality for Heat extraction.

But, even though that's the case ^^^, the New Boss Hood to me seems like a darn good looking, functional, and able to be driven wherever, whenever.

Terry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts