Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got an appointment to bring it in for the squealing I was getting out of the clutch. And of course as I drove up there.. it didn't make a peep. I figured that I could just drop it off and they'd take me at my word.. oops.. I had to take the transmission guy out on a ride with me so I could explain it to him.. DAMN!! While I'm glad they sent the guy with me so I could adequately explain the problem to the tech who would be working on it I was worried about the fact that it was now behaving.. So here we go.. Out for a little spin around the block.. All the while I'm telling this poor guy about how bad this noise gets and NOTHING'S going on. Well just as we're about to pull back into the dealership.. SQUEEEEEAAALLL!!!.. HA!! THAT'S IT!!..
"oh.. sounds like the throwout bearing is about to go.. No problem, we get a few of them in like this."

Whew... so now I have to wait it out.. Probably won't get it back until the 2nd or 3rd week of January as they're backlogged and will need to order parts.. I've got a big ol empty garage and a bunch of X-mas presents that need to be installed!! :sad:

Ah well... It builds character right?

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Dang... I think I would have kept it in my garage until the parts came in and they had time to work on it :wink: But I can relate to how you feal. 227 was out for 2+ months. Probably be back in for another 3 weeks before it's all said and done.

Good luck :smile:

Bud

1 - 3 of 3 Posts