Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was coming home from work last night proceeding through the intersection at my neighborhood and a guy coming in the opposite direction decides at the last minute he is going to make a left hand turn, well needless to say I was in his way and he hit me head on!! My heart is broken, my car is broken and I was hoping when I woke up this moring that it had all been just a bad dream but she's not out there. No one was injured, I'm a little sore but the airbags definately did their job. The car that hit me was this huge 86 Lincoln Towncar and he was charged with failing to yeild the right of way. I'm now waiting this morning for the insurance adjuster to call and then I'm going to attempt to go the impound yard and take some pictures, pending a nervous breakdown. The car is an absoulute horror to see. It is destroyed from the doors up. Why me? I have never loved and enjoyed a car like I have this one and now I don't even want it and I know finding another will be next to impossible. I guess it just wasn't meant to be...

I use to complain of having no shoes until the day I met a man that had no feet!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dawnygirl on 2002-01-26 07:53 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dawnygirl on 2002-01-26 07:55 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
8,776 Posts
I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I'm glad you did not get hurt. Hopefully, you can find a Bullitt replacement.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Dawn, I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you can recover somehow. Try to keep in mind thay you're okay, and that a new and special car is always out there waiting for you. A Mach 1 perhaps?

·
Registered
821 Posts
I'm so, so very sorry. I feel your pain and I think all of us can understand just how you are feeling. I too hope you can find something that you would like in the way of a new car. It seems to me that Bullitts are biting the dust WAY, WAY too often...am I the only one thinking this? It's not just small fender benders either, this is major stuff. Almost makes me afraid to drive mine...I've had good luck so far.

My heart goes out to you and yes, thank God you were not hurt....maybe the other guy?? No, I don't mean that, but I'm sure you'd like to put the hurt on him....I know I would. The police might have arrived in time to pull me off his dead body....well, anyway......

Best of Luck with the insurance company and also, finding you a replacement.

:nerd: Dona

·
Registered
176 Posts
Dawn,
I'm so sorry for your loss. Very glad you were not physically hurt. Your quote makes a good point, since most of us (me included) spend time complaining about check engine lights or noisy shifters.

Keep in mind, this too shall pass. There always seems there is a Bullitt for sale.

Mike

·
Registered
610 Posts
Glad to hear you're OK Dawn. Its no fun with a wrecked car but it's DEFINITELY better than not breathing regular! Good luck on finding a Bullitt. :cry:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Dawn, I feel your pain. First, go see a doctor today and get it on record that you are sore. Get physical therapy for the soreness. Hopefully that is temporary. Start mentally thinking forward...Mach 1 or a 2002 Cobra. You will be just as happy with either and you can still be a member here. Sue the insurance company if they don't come through on the value of car for physical and mental suffering. That will more than make up for the difference in what they give you for 381 and a Cobra or Mach 1.

John

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Dawn,

Thank God you're ok. Sorry to hear of your loss. Cars can be replaced (including our Bullitt), people can't!!!

As stated previously, this too shall pass.

-steve-

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,122 Posts
Oh Dawn, I am sooooo sorry to hear this this morning! My heart goes out to you girl. I am glad you are physically OK. Who cares about the other jerk....

Keep us posted on the status of #381 as maybe she is fixable? Doesn't sound good, tho. I am sorry. :sad: :cry:

Vicki

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all for your support. I'm still in shock and still waiting for the insurance adjuster to call. I'm glad I have all of you to talk about this to and thank you again for your kindness.

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
So sorry about your accident Dawn. The impaortant thing is that you are okay. Do you think you will get the car fixed if the insurance says its salvageable(?)? There always seems to be a Bullitt for sale on e-bay but unfortunately they are always trying to get too much for them :sad: Keep us posted and let us know if there's anything we can do!
Cam

·
Registered
237 Posts
Dawn,

Glad you're OK that's the most important thing. I know where you are right now because I have been there. It is almost exactly how I lost 1994 Cobra #1525. It is heart breaking, I know, but just like with my Cobra, maybe something better will come along for you.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Dear Dawn,

Thank goodness no parties were seriously hurt in the recent accident in which your brave Bullitt was involved.

Check out some recent topic posts of mine and you will find notes from our great fellow Bullittheads of the last few NEW Bullitts that were available at that time. Can anyone else help Dawn out here with regard to finding the "needle in a haystack" NEW Bullit leftover, should she decide to pursue that route?

Take care!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Dawn, I am so sorry about your loss. I had my Bullitt for two weeks when some jerk ran a red light and I hit him. I also know that the airbags do their job. They were able to fix my car, maybe they can fix yours. If not, you should be able to find another Bullitt somewhere. You have the support and best wishes of everyone on this board. And remember, the most important thing is that you are alright.

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Dawn,
Glad everyone is OK. If they can't fix it I am sure you can find another. A lot of people bought the Bullitt as an impulse and did not expect it to be their last car. I am sure you can find another. Guy at my work just sold his black one the other day. And if they do fix it then you can mod the hell out of it and not feel like you destroying a classic because it has already been hit.
Keep us up to date.

·
Registered
533 Posts
My heartfelt condolences go out to you Dawn. Thank goodness you were not hurt. Time will heal your pain and loss. All the best in your search for a replacement. There is some out there. Don't give up.
Daryl

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Dawn,
That is very Sad!
I'm glad to know you weren't seriously injured.
Hopefully the insurance company won't give you grief.
Keep us informed of how things work out.
I'm sure when he comes on, Nasty Bob will have some good advice.

Joyce

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Most important thing is your alright. Like midlife said you just may find another one out there or you may just find another car that trips your trigger like the Bullitt. Well, probably not but we are praying.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts